Who we are looking for:
Contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of the CRD cloud native Alpha platform as a senior member of an agile scrum team. Provide engineering troubleshooting assistance to customer support teams and other development teams within Charles River. Why this role is important to us:
This position will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of the CRD cloud native Alpha platform as a senior member of an agile scrum team. Provide engineering troubleshooting assistance to customer support teams and other development teams within Charles River.
This position will be a full stack developer working on projects of rich functionality, web services, writing test and performance automation, improving system scalability, and performance. The team maintains a highly collaborative work environment. What we value:
The company is migrating its architecture to a cloud-based solutions. As part of this effort, working on some the following technologies: Azure, gRPC, React, Angular, Kubernetes, Kafka, and micro-services. What you will be responsible for:
Education & preferred qualifications:
- Work under minimal supervision to analyze, design, develop, test, and debug small to medium software enhancements and solutions within Charles River's business and technical problem domains.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Managers to turn business requirements of moderate complexity into working and sustainable software.
- Participate in the design of product architecture within the team's scope of responsibility.
- Provide thoughtful insight and suggestions in code reviews.
- Write unit and automation tests to ensure a high-quality product.
- Conduct manual tests to ensure a high-quality product.
- Contribute to written design and API documentation and participate in customer documentation process.
- Actively participate in the agile software development process by adhering to the CRD scrum methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Participate in cross-team group activities to complete assignments.
B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required. MS degree strongly preferred.
- 4 to 7 years of progressively responsible professional software engineering experience preferably in a financial services product delivery setting
- Experience developing event driven architectures.
- Experience in Kafka strongly desired
- Experience developing cloud native services on one the major cloud providers (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience in cloud native development using Java is required.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes is desired.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented programming, compiler or interpreter technologies, embedded systems, operating systems, relational databases (RDBMS), scripting and new/advanced programming languages.
- Able to contribute to design specs with some assistance from senior staff.
- Able to work on small to medium projects with little to no supervision and on more complex tasks with moderate oversight.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well with peers in a collaborative team environment.
- A minimum of 3 years working with an Agile development methodology strongly desired
30 trillion dollars in assets are managed on Charles River Investment Management System (CRIMS) by 38,000+ professionals in 30+ countries. The portfolio management platform offers a saleable, state-of-the-art set of functions, enabling various user types from Portfolio Managers to high powered institutional Traders to construct and manage large and diverse portfolios. The platform services both Institutional and Wealth Management clients. The risk team provides critical insights to the portfolio manager to make better investment decisions and that optimize return while reducing overall volatility. About State Street: What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Salary Range:
$100,000 - $160,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.