About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
- You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
- Lead with Compassion
- Be Resourceful
Lead the financial analysis and valuation of cutting-edge critical minerals extraction and processing ventures with your expert financial modeling skills!
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented Senior Financial Modeling Analyst to join our dynamic team focused on developing and advancing transformative technologies for extracting and processing critical rare earth elements. You will play a pivotal leadership role in building and applying sophisticated financial models, providing insightful analysis, and guiding strategic decision-making for complex and innovative projects. Your expertise will be instrumental in securing investments and ensuring the financial viability of our ventures, shaping the future of the rare earth industry
- Lead the development and execution of comprehensive financial models for novel critical minerals extraction and processing technologies: Leverage your in-depth understanding of financial modeling best practices and industry dynamics to construct highly detailed and robust models encompassing capital expenditures, operating expenses, revenue streams, cash flow projections, and profitability analyses.
- Conduct advanced sensitivity analyses and scenario planning: Design and execute sophisticated sensitivity analyses to assess the impact of market fluctuations, technology performance variations, and other key factors on financial outcomes, providing insightful risk assessments and contingency plans to guide strategic decision-making.
- Evaluate and compare alternative technologies and processing strategies: Lead the comparative analysis of different technological options through the development and application of robust financial models, highlighting their economic feasibility, profitability potential, and investment requirements to support informed choices.
- Mentor and guide junior financial analysts: Foster a collaborative and knowledge-sharing environment by mentoring and guiding junior financial analysts, equipping them with advanced financial modeling skills and industry-specific expertise.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams: Partner seamlessly with engineers, scientists, geologists, and business development professionals to gather relevant data, understand technical processes, and ensure financial models align with overall project goals, market realities, and investment criteria.
- Communicate complex financial and technical information with clarity and impact: Present insightful findings and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences, including senior management, potential investors, and board members, utilizing compelling data visualizations and effective communication skills.
- Stay informed on the latest advancements in rare earth extraction and processing technologies, financial modeling techniques, and economic trends: Continuously research and stay abreast of emerging technologies, industry innovations, and best practices in financial modeling to inform model assumptions, projections, and strategic recommendations.
- Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field, with a strong emphasis on financial modeling and valuation.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in financial modeling and analysis, with at least 5 years of experience in senior roles within the banking, mining, clean technology, or materials science industries.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and applying complex financial models for high-value projects and securing investment opportunities.
- Advanced proficiency in financial modeling software like Excel and expert-level knowledge of economic analysis tools like Aspen Plus or similar software.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think critically and assess complex scenarios from a financial perspective.
- Strong communication, written, and verbal skills, with the ability to present financial information with clarity and persuasiveness to diverse audiences.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset, with the ability to effectively lead and mentor junior team members.
- Passion for sustainability and commitment to responsible resource extraction and clean technology development.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning and development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).