About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
About the Role
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and positively impact our clients.
We are seeking a candidate for a Lead Software Engineer
on the Mosaic Prism Team
who can work closely with other members of technology including other developers, business analysts, and QA engineers to design, develop, test, implement, and support solutions to meet business requirements. Prism is Wellington's own real-time data fabric, an Enterprise Data Federation tool providing a unified way to access our firm's data across web services, SQL, Data Lakes, and other stores via GraphQL . Prism supports interfaces and services for direct use/interaction by portfolio management, research systems in addition to individual investors for their analysis using various tools. This is a critical system and needs a collaborative, strong team with good technical, data and business analysis skills.
- Lead tracks of work involving high complexity, mission critical AWS-based java services, React-based front-ends, Kafka messaging, and more.
- Learn about investment data from the fundamentals of portfolio holdings to alternative data
- Lead the delivery of high-quality business solutions, including participating in architecture, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support
- Be a thought partner to the Data experience & business analyst team as they work with our business partners
- Design, prototype and code new software components and applications based on functional specifications across the full stack - services, web and mobile clients, infrastructure, and back-end
- Coordinate with analyst teams and vendors to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance
- Author technical design and support documentation
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience designing and developing applications and services using Java version 11 or higher
- Exposure to enterprise technologies like Spring and SpringBoot
- Experience developing applications with cloud technologies such as AWS
- Experience using Jenkins and GIT
- Exposure to GraphQl, pub/sub using Kafka is not required, but a plus
- Familiarity with developing web applications using HTML5, CSS, and modern UI frameworks such as React
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 80,000 - 180,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families, and we are committed to fostering a flexible work environment that enables employees to thrive personally and professionally. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, and pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)