Who we are looking for
State Street Global Advisors is looking for a highly skilled Senior Business Analyst who will be responsible for working with clients and development to create solutions to improve the client experience, the product feature set, and the strategic position of the Portfolio Construction Tools. The Senior Business Analyst will become a product expert and help to ensure that our software products effectively aid our Portfolio Managers with their workflow for multi-asset class positioning and trading. The Senior Business Analyst will participate in the full software development lifecycle and contribute as a member of a feature-focused product development team. They must be familiar with both financial and technical concepts, with a strong ability to deliver against specific requirement in a timely fashion on a project-by-project basis. The successful candidate will have strong technology and business acumen, build partnerships, foster close collaboration and work hand in hand with the business and technology teams.
Due to the role requirements, this job needs to be performed primarily in the office with some flex opportunities available.
Why This Role is Important to Us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the largest asset managers in the world. We partner with many of the world's largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As the Portfolio Construction Tools Senior Business Analyst, you will:
• Establish relationships with all stakeholders and development leads globally to ensure the right engagement and alignment is achieved for each initiative
• Apply detailed knowledge of business requirements and workflows to assist in product development
• Research and produce business and technical requirement documents
• Work directly with customers and the product management team to gather product requirements and develop feature specifications; involvement in all aspects of the software product life cycle
• Partner with development to help develop, implement, and refine features
• Provide feedback on product performance
• Provide technical application level guidance and clarity to other technology leads and teams within the organization
• Collaborate with the documentation team to ensure accurate and complete product documentation
• Provide client beta testing support and train personnel on capabilities of new product releases
• Assist implementation and support to resolve escalated client issues
• Actively participate in the Agile software development process by adhering to Scrum Methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives.
• Participate and lead team scrum meetings
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
• Proven track record leading technology teams (development, business analysis, QA, support)
• People management experience
• Detailed knowledge of the Asset Management or Investment Management industry with a focus on multi-asset class investing
• Experience with trading and reporting for funds, ETFs, futures, currency, bonds and TBAs.
• Excellent communication skills and confidence in dealing with all levels of the organization, both internal and external
• Senior level presentation skills and project management responsibilities
• Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
• Solid interpersonal skills and ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines
• Highly organized, and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
• Solid understanding Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and development platforms
• Leadership qualities in managing complex projects to deliver business results and positive outcomes
Education & Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree is a requirement; Computer Science or Information Technology preferred.
• Financial Services background, including investment or asset management (preferred)
• Information technology expertise
• Should be an excellent communicator, experience on communicating with global users (both written and verbal), will be preferred.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
$100,000 - $160,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.