At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. THE ROLE
The Senior Tax Analyst will report to the International Director of Tax and work collaboratively with the Tax Directors, Tax Managers and extended finance team. Position responsibilities will include preparation of foreign provisions as well as preparation and filing of local jurisdiction tax returns for MFS non-US operating companies. The Senior Tax Analyst will support audits by foreign examiners and research, interpret and analyze impacts of tax law changes and make recommendations to implement changes. Further, the Senior Tax Analyst will provide technical expertise to employees of MFS and its subsidiaries as well as to members of the Corporate Finance and Legal Departments and outside Corporate auditors relating to international tax (direct and indirect) matters affecting MFS and its subsidiaries. WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Primarily responsible for managing income tax compliance for all of MFS's foreign operations (9 CFC's and 8 branches). Support international tax compliance workstreams in order to ensure accurate and timely filings. This covers multiple jurisdictions and various tax types (primarily corporate income, VAT, GST).
- Coordinate with accounting and tax service providers and local MFS teams (as applicable) to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures, and controls. Also provide supporting financial information and documentation to facilitate local tax accounting and filings.
- Analyze general ledger accounts to prepare monthly tax account roll forwards to reconcile all foreign tax account activity. Includes validation of provision entries and verification of all tax payments. Also responsible for monthly review of transfer pricing entries.
- Responsible for tax accounting pursuant to ASC 740 and IFRS for all non-MFS operating companies. This includes tax provision calculations, financial statement disclosures and tax footnotes.
- Research and provide responses to requests in connection with tax audits and ad-hoc requests from taxing authorities.
- Preparation and/or review of 5471's, 8858's, foreign tax credit calculations, subpart F calculations, GILTI and related Section 250 deduction and BEAT calculation and forms.
- Responsible for all US information reporting for MFS seed investments. This includes review of supporting analysis of passive income to determine US tax consequences. Also includes review of related 8621's and 5471's.
- Assist with ad hoc requests both internal and from MFS's parent company related to FATCA, foreign affiliate and CbCR reporting.
- Coordinate with HR, payroll manager and outside tax advisors on MFS Global Mobility matters
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education.
- Tax-specific experience in public accounting, corporate tax department, or other equivalent experience required.
- Proficient in US GAAP accounting for income taxes.
- Strong business writing skills and strong oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact in a positive manner with Corporate Finance employees as well as other MFS departments and outside advisors, preparers and auditors.
- Preferably possesses, or pursuing a Juris Doctor , CPA and/or Masters of Science in Taxation.
- Familiarity with OneSource Income Tax Compliance application and Peoplesoft General Ledger application preferred.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others. What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.