Who we are looking for
Data Operations and Strategy Technology Delivery Lead to manage delivery and execution of project(s) to support the Data Operations and Strategy Business Outcomes and Objectives. This includes the management and support of multiple and complex initiatives with cross application and functional dependencies, stakeholders, and competing priorities. As part of the Delivery & Execution Office team, you will support the governance, delivery, and execution of projects through their lifecycle, ensuring timelines and objectives are met. Your primary areas of focus will be around leading project team(s), managing strategic roadmaps, planning, scheduling, resourcing, budgeting, and ensuring timely management and closure of risks and issues. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Lead and oversee the execution of technology projects related to data operations, strategy, programs, and products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define data requirements and ensure successful project delivery.
- Drive the development and implementation of data strategies aligned with organizational goals and industry best practices.
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of data solutions, from planning to execution and post-implementation support.
- Evaluate and optimize data processes to enhance efficiency, quality, and accuracy.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and mentorship to the data operations team.
- Oversee program and product management aspects, ensuring alignment with strategic objectives.
- Work closely with stakeholders to gather and prioritize business requirements for data initiatives, programs, and products.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and industry trends to inform data strategy decisions.
- Ensure compliance with data governance policies and standards.
- Collaborate with IT and Business leadership to align data initiatives, programs, and products with overall technology strategy.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Experience
- Proven experience in leading technology delivery teams, with expertise in data operations, strategy, program, and product management.
- Strong understanding of data management principles, including data governance, quality, and security.
- Excellent project management skills with a track record of successful project, program, and product delivery.
- Solid understanding of database technologies, ETL processes, and data warehousing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in developing and implementing data strategies, programs, and products that drive business outcomes.
- Familiarity with Agile and other project management methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership qualities with the ability to motivate and inspire a team
The candidate will have 10 + years of leadership experience in the financial or technical domain. This would cover strategic process improvement or management of globally structured technology / business teams.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Information Systems).
- Prior experience with implementations of large-scale, financial services systems
- Proven problem solving, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Salary Range:
$110,000 - $185,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.