Who we are looking for
Global Credit Finance (GCF) is the lending division of State Street. Our mandate is to attract, serve, and retain State Street's clients through the extension of credit, while optimizing the profitability of a portfolio of loans constructed within balance sheet and risk appetite constraints.
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of Global Credit Finance and the organization. CLO & Private Credit Lending sits within GCF and is a key driver of revenue for the division. The team provides loans to some of the world's leading asset managers. The products include Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs), Private Credit (BDC and Direct Lending) Facilities. You will be responsible for:
What we value:
- Involvement with a wide range of activities related to credit analysis, portfolio surveillance, and reporting
- Oversee loan closings by coordinating with internal and external parties
- Maintain the deal pipeline and compliance documentation
- Assist with underwriting, due diligence, and legal documentation of new and existing loans
- Assist in the presentation and defense of credit recommendations
- Work closely with team to continue to develop industry knowledge as well as underwriting and portfolio management skills
- Handle assigned projects
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Detail-oriented, with strong communication, and organization skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- 5+ years of experience in credit analysis or related finance experience
- Degree in Business, Economics, Finance or liberal arts; MBA or CFA a plus but not required
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Team player with a positive attitude and desire to learn
- Experience in credit markets, loan structuring, and legal documentation a plus
- Familiarity with securitizations, private equity, or private debt a plus
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers Salary Range:
$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.