Who we are looking for
Senior Associate needed for the Alternative Investments Transformation team. This role will work closely with Alternative Investments technology, various internal and external stakeholders in a varied and challenging role. Additionally, candidates must be well-organized and able to deliver projects in a timely manner. Candidates must demonstrate strong initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and be capable of working on multiple, diverse assignments. Main responsibilities will include:
What We Value
- Assist in writing business requirements and executing test scripts
- Perform data analysis and reconciliation required for testing and validation of new functionality
- Assist in the execution of the governance framework over transformation globally
- Monitor the implementation of new functionality to ensure effectiveness and track issues and bugs to resolution
- Track and communicate changes that impact operational teams, including report instructions, new products, enhancements, etc.
- Coordinate and liaise in creation of training materials
- Preparation/documentation of process flowcharts
- Compile and analyze performance metrics of newly implemented initiatives
- Assist preparation of materials to be presented for new functionality to senior management and the organization
- Build strong, long-term relationships throughout State Street organization
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills and analysis skills to help build solutions for the investment teams.
- Outstanding influencing skills to unify and collaborate with varied teams
- Initiative, self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Sense of urgency when performing tasks and projects; ability to respond to shifting priorities
- Effectively communicate progress and escalations
- Be a team player yet display a culture of individual ownership of tasks.
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in accounting, finance, or economics
- 2+ years of experience working within an investment firm in a technology, front office or software related role
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to liaise with and influence senior subject matter experts
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must demonstrate sense of ownership and accountability for work
- Ability to multiple task and work within tight deadlines
- Works collaboratively, and builds effective working relationships & promotes teamwork
- Strong interpersonal, quantitative and analytical skills and a high proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, JIRA, confluence.
- Preferred experience in Alternative Investments.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers Salary Range:
$50,000 - $83,750 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.