Who we are looking for
A motivated Senior Business Analyst with financial and technical experience to lead requirement gathering and data analysis on Investment Data Domains supporting a centralized Enterprise Data Hub platform on AWS. Candidate should have from 5+ years of experience working in the asset management industry, participate in discussion with the portfolio managers on requirements gathering and data analysis, and partner with development team to translate the requirements into implementation task. The individual will be Boston-based and will work with portfolio managers and operations staff from Boston, EMEA, and APAC regions.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements, however at least 4 days a week onsite are expected. As an Business Analyst you will
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Partner with business stakeholders to capture the requirements and create examples to illustrate understandings and challenges.
- Conduct data analysis required to support the requirements; review specification with business stakeholders, and obtain approval for development.
- Participate in large scale data warehousing, data lake projects
- Collaborate with wider global teams on key business initiatives
- Actively working with development team to facilitate the technical design, create system specification and agile stories.
- Lead story grooming, provide subsequent clarifications, and approve QA test cases.
- Assist in test case development, review, execution of part of test cases and support all stakeholders during testing activities,
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Database experience with SQL or other database languages.
- Asset management experience, especially in the area of investment data domains, market data, holdings, transactions, performance & attribution to support client reporting.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and the ability to work on multiple related initiatives.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- 5+ years of past experience implementing technology solutions with asset management firm(s)
- Prior experience in data warehousing, data analytics to support enterprise data consumption is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in dealing with all levels of the organization, both internal and external
- Solid presentation and writing skills
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, business administration, computer science or related field Qualified bachelor degree or higher
- CFA is preferred.
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors Salary Range:
$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.