Who we are looking for
Assistant Vice President level independent contributor needed for the Alternative Investments Transformation team. This role will work closely with Alternative Investments technology, various internal and external stakeholders in a varied and challenging role. A good candidate is able to familiarize themselves with existing solutions quickly and design meaningful solutions for our internal operations team as well as the client. Additionally, candidates must be well-organized and able to deliver projects in a timely manner Candidates must demonstrate strong initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and be capable of working on multiple, diverse assignments. What you will be responsible for As an Assistant Vice President in this role, you will
What We Value
- Identify, develop and deploy process improvements leading to efficiency gains and/or operational risk reduction.
- Create, manage and Interpret end user requirements and work to meet those needs by working with cross functional teams and follow through to implementation.
- Resolve and escalate project and operational issues in a timely fashion.
- Interpret project needs and work to meet those needs.
- Provide business requirements and analysis to internal and external clients on current and future state operating models.
- Lead meetings/workshops to explain and walk through business requirements.
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal policies and procedures, as well as provide input to further development of best practices.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills and analysis skills to help build solutions for the investment teams.
- Outstanding influencing skills to unify and collaborate with varied teams
- Initiative, self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Sense of urgency when performing tasks and projects; ability to respond to shifting priorities
- Effectively communicate progress and escalations
- Be a team player yet display a culture of individual ownership of tasks.
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study.
- 5+ years of experience working within an investment firm in a technology, front office or software related role
- PC Skills - Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc), Jira and Confluence
- Preferred experience in Alternative Investments.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers Salary Range:
$80,000 - $132,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.