The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. As a Valuation Oversight Analyst, you will
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Perform and/or review daily/weekly/monthly procedures & controls monitoring the prices utilized for securities held in the funds
- Develop, maintain and improve upon valuation oversight procedures
- Stay up to date on current market developments and industry best practices
- Conducts research and analysis of complex security pricing issues and market events; calculate and review pricing determinations as applicable
- Participate in the preparation and review of materials presented to the Valuation Committee and Fund Boards of Trustees
- Examine and analyze complex security pricing issues and market events; calculate and review pricing determinations, as applicable
- Monitor and follow up with vendors on pricing issues
- Maintain a highly controlled environment
- Assist in ad-hoc projects, as requested
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Deep understanding of valuation of corporate actions and all security types (i.e. equity, fixed income, futures, swaps, options etc.)
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; results driven with ability to creatively problem solve
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); Skilled in the use of Bloomberg
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Has flexibility to work independently while valuing the benefits of influencing a true team effort
- Proficiency to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
About State Street What we do.
- Equivalent to Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or relevant field
- 5+ years related experience, with direct experience in valuation operations and/or oversight
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers Salary Range:
$60,000 - $90,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.