As part of the Global Funds Management team, this role will report into the Vice President and is responsible for reviewing financial statements and regulatory filings with an emphasis on integrating the newly required Tailored Shareholder Report ("TSR") as part of identification and implementation of new accounting guidance/pronouncements as they relate to 1940 Act Regulated Investment Companies. Additional responsibilities include: reviews of financial statements; assistance on management of audit engagements and other financial reporting activities including the oversight of the Funds' service providers and vendors.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the largest asset managers in the world. We partner with many of the world's largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As a Financial Reporting Analyst you will
What we value
- Assist with the integration of the TSR
- Assist with the establishment and execution of ongoing reviews of the TSR
- Review financial statements prepared by service provider
- Participate in review of regulatory filings such as N-CSR, N-30D and N-17f2
- Participate in review of certain sections of funds' prospectus/SAI filings
- Assist in the management of funds' annual audits, including audit confirmations
- Assist team in the oversight of the funds' service providers
- Be aware of an /implement and maintain accounting policies
- Assist team in the documentation of guidelines, policies and procedures
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to initiate, effectively manage and improve relationships, both within the firm and with peers throughout the organization and industry.
- A team oriented individual with strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a rapidly growing fast paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities with deadlines.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Equivalent to a B.S. degree in Business, Accounting, or related field.
- 3+ years' of work experience preferably with an investment adviser, public accounting firm or a financial services organization.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, SEC and IRS standards as they apply to investment companies, partnerships and other fund structures.
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors Salary Range:
$60,000 - $90,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.