About the Role: Grade Level (for internal use):
: S&P Global Commodity Insights, is searching for a Senior Strategy Analyst to support the Strategy & Business Management Team. This role will report to the Senior Director of Strategy & M&A and is a key member of the Commodity Insights team focused on the execution of strategic objectives, preparation of key presentations for internal and external stakeholders, process optimization, and reporting & analysis. This is a highly visible role with access to senior leaders across the Division. The Business:
At S&P Global Commodity Insights, we provide the insights to our customers to make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. Responsibilities:
Drive business process excellence, streamlined reporting, delivery of strategic presentations, and support the day-to-day operations of the office of the President.
What We're Looking For:
- Develop a strong understanding of Commodity Insights' strategic objectives and operations
- Prepare and organize content for internal and external senior engagements, including speeches, briefings, Powerpoint presentations, and Excel analyses
- Lead data collection, analysis and reporting function to support business processes
- Support the Office of the President of Commodity Insights across all high-priority and strategic initiatives
- Partner with Communications team on internal and external tasks (e.g., Press Releases, Organizational Announcements, Media, etc.)
- Support strategic projects and ad-hoc business initiatives
An ambitious, self-starter who can deliver high-quality results in a time-sensitive environment. This individual should be a strategic and innovative thinker with exceptional analytical and communication skills that can support and interpret complex tasks and concepts Basic Qualifications:
- Undergraduate Degree required (concentration in Business or MBA a plus)
- Highly proficient skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint (additional BI tools a plus; Tableau, PowerBI, Salesforce)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (speech writing experience a plus)
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter capable of working independently and as a fully contributing member of a team
- Basic understanding of energy and commodity markets and knowledge of Commodity Insights products & services
- Proven ability to navigate effectively and efficiently within a large matrixed organization
- Very high standards of quality, accuracy and timeliness
(This section is only applicable to US candidates)
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $100,000 to $130,000. Final base salary for this role will be based on the individual's geographic location, as well as experience level, skill set, training, licenses and certifications.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, please click here . About S&P Global Commodity Insights
At S&P Global Commodity Insights, our complete view of global energy and commodities markets enables our customers to make decisions with conviction and create long-term, sustainable value.
We're a trusted connector that brings together thought leaders, market participants, governments, and regulators to co-create solutions that lead to progress. Vital to navigating Energy Transition, S&P Global Commodity Insights' coverage includes oil and gas, power, chemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Commodity Insights is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets. With every one of our offerings, we help many of the world's leading organizations navigate the economic landscape so they can plan for tomorrow, today.
For more information, visit http://www.spglobal.com/commodity-insights . What's In It For You? Our Purpose:
Progress is not a self-starter. It requires a catalyst to be set in motion. Information, imagination, people, technology-the right combination can unlock possibility and change the world.
Our world is in transition and getting more complex by the day. We push past expected observations and seek out new levels of understanding so that we can help companies, governments and individuals make an impact on tomorrow. At S&P Global we transform data into Essential Intelligence®, pinpointing risks and opening possibilities. We Accelerate Progress. Our People:
We're more than 35,000 strong worldwide-so we're able to understand nuances while having a broad perspective. Our team is driven by curiosity and a shared belief that Essential Intelligence can help build a more prosperous future for us all.
From finding new ways to measure sustainability to analyzing energy transition across the supply chain to building workflow solutions that make it easy to tap into insight and apply it. We are changing the way people see things and empowering them to make an impact on the world we live in. We're committed to a more equitable future and to helping our customers find new, sustainable ways of doing business. We're constantly seeking new solutions that have progress in mind. Join us and help create the critical insights that truly make a difference. Our Values: Integrity, Discovery, Partnership
At S&P Global, we focus on Powering Global Markets. Throughout our history, the world's leading organizations have relied on us for the Essential Intelligence they need to make confident decisions about the road ahead. We start with a foundation of integrity
in all we do, bring a spirit of discovery
to our work, and collaborate in close partnership
with each other and our customers to achieve shared goals. Benefits:
We take care of you, so you can take care of business. We care about our people. That's why we provide everything you-and your career-need to thrive at S&P Global.
Our benefits include:
- Health & Wellness: Health care coverage designed for the mind and body.
- Flexible Downtime: Generous time off helps keep you energized for your time on.
- Continuous Learning: Access a wealth of resources to grow your career and learn valuable new skills.
- Invest in Your Future: Secure your financial future through competitive pay, retirement planning, a continuing education program with a company-matched student loan contribution, and financial wellness programs.
- Family Friendly Perks: It's not just about you. S&P Global has perks for your partners and little ones, too, with some best-in class benefits for families.
- Beyond the Basics: From retail discounts to referral incentive awards-small perks can make a big difference.
For more information on benefits by country visit: https://www.spglobal.com/en/careers/our-culture/ Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at S&P Global:
At S&P Global, we believe diversity fuels creative insights, equity unlocks opportunity, and inclusion drives growth and innovation - Powering Global Markets. Our commitment centers on our global workforce, ensuring that our people are empowered to bring their whole selves to work. It doesn't stop there, we strive to better reflect and serve the communities in which we live and work, and advocate for greater opportunity for all.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), BSMGMT202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
297302 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States