Seldon Capital is a San Francisco based investment ﬁrm that combines fundamental and macro research with machine learning to indemnify long-term ineﬃciencies in equities, bonds, currencies, and commodities.
Seldon Capital is looking to build out its team for its hedge fund that is focused on generating absolute returns. The experienced investment team has a strong track record and previously worked at Soros Investment Management running a global long/short equity and macro strategy. Job Description:
We are seeking a skilled Trader to handle execution for the ﬁrm across stocks, bonds, currencies, commodities, and credit.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for:
• Managing all aspects of the order ﬂow
• Liaising with key counterparts to ensure ﬂawless execution
• Tracking fundamental information around company speciﬁc and macro events
• Assisting with portfolio optimization
• Implementing process and control improvements around trade generation and execution
• Work with the investment team to route commission spend eﬀectivelyRequired Qualiﬁcations & Skillset:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline from a top-tier university.
- 2+ years of experience in a trading role on the buy-side or sell-side, with experience in emerging markets, interest rates, and / or credit preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail and risk awareness.
- A proven track record of process improvement in previous roles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work eﬀectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience with standard market data and trading platforms (Bloomberg, FactSet, etc.)
- Familiarity with python scripting for the purpose of process automation a plus.
Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
Seldon Capital is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We encourage applications from all qualiﬁed candidates, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status.