Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
About the Role
We are seeking to hire a Fixed Income Trader to execute orders from Portfolio Managers and Analysts across our Emerging Markets book of business. The trading team's remit includes local and external debt across sovereigns and corporates, interest rate swaps, and credit derivatives. Located in Boston, this position requires a high level of direct interaction and collaboration with Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts and Trading Counterparties to communicate market developments, formulate trading strategies, execute orders, and generate ideas.
Wellington Management's trading philosophy and practices are based on the principles of seeking best execution, contributing to portfolio alpha, and managing regulatory, operational, liquidity and investment risks. We seek to execute orders in a manner consistent with these principles and in accordance with our written policies, which emphasize the fair dissemination, aggregation and allocation of investment opportunities across our investment platform and ultimately our clients.
Wellington Management's Trading Department employs approximately 60 traders globally, including 40 Fixed Income traders, and operates in specialized teams according to sectors and products. Our investment and trading activities are conducted on an industry-leading internally developed software platform, which we believe creates a meaningful competitive advantage. We are also supported by an in-house research and analytics team who provide in-depth, action-oriented insights into our trading capabilities and activities.
• Executing transactions, using a mixture of high-touch and low-touch execution methods, for all relevant accounts under management and in a manner consistent with our best execution and risk management practices, as well as our policies and procedures
• Developing and enhancing over time an in-depth understanding of the investment philosophies and strategies of the Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts, and Strategists
• Gathering, analyzing, and disseminating curated market, sector, and security information and trade ideas that lead to actionable investment opportunities
• Developing and maintaining expertise on market structure: liquidity landscape, electronic trading, industry and regulatory developments, and technology based solutions
• Establishing deep relationships with trading counterparties
• Identifying opportunities to increase efficiencies, optimize market access, and mitigate risk
• Collaborating with stakeholders across the Global Trading department including other Traders, Trade Coordinators, Trading Research and Analytics, and Trading Technology
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
• Experience trading emerging markets or developed market corporate bonds
• Versatility is critical: ability and willingness to learn and trade instruments across the entire team's remit
• Strong analytical skills, with an ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Solid work ethic and organizational skills, coupled with a growth mindset, continuously investing in personal development and improvement of our processes
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with experience working in a highly collaborative, team-based, and results-oriented environment
• Impeccable integrity, fiduciary mindset, and ability to consistently place the interests of our clients as the number one priority
• Academic credentials: a Bachelor's degree is required and additional business, financial, or technology degrees and skills (MBA, CFA, CAIA, programming) would be highly additive
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 80,000 - 180,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families, and we are committed to fostering a flexible work environment that enables employees to thrive personally and professionally. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, and pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)