About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
About the Role
Wellington Management manages, sponsors and sub-advises a broad array of products across equity, fixed income, and alternative asset classes. Products are offered to a global investor base and are subject to a variety of different constraints requiring a high degree of customization to meet our clients' unique needs. The Capital Solutions team is a new function that sits within Wellington's Global Trading department and is responsible for providing strategic vision and leadership for all aspects of Wellington's financing related activities for investment strategies. Core responsibilities of the team include advising portfolio managers on the most optimal ways to finance portfolios, recommending and implementing financing and lending strategies to generate cost savings/additional yield, providing economic transparency through analytics and decision support tools, and leveraging strategic sell side relationships to innovate and identify unique lending and borrowing opportunities. The function is closely aligned with the firm's alternative investment growth efforts. The Capital Solutions Analyst will help to build and support the function by playing a key role in sourcing, analyzing, and identifying optimization opportunities using financing related data. The candidate will also lead and contribute to cross functional projects focused on technology and other infrastructure enhancements necessary to establish the function at scale in addition to advising portfolio managers, traders, product managers, operations staff, and clients with respect to financing and yield opportunities. The Capital Solutions Analyst will report to the Head of Capital Solutions. The role will require frequent interaction with counterparties, technology providers, portfolio managers, traders, product managers, operations teams, the tax team, and the legal team.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone with a strong work ethic who is looking to expand his or her knowledge and impact. The candidate will receive training and be expected to quickly learn such that they will be able to:
- Assist the team in advising on methods of implementing financing strategies for various product types and investment styles
- Source and analyze internal and external data to gather insights and share recommendations using basic query tools - comfort using SQL and/or Python is strongly preferred
- Build relationships with internal service consumers (portfolio managers, traders) as well as counterparties (prime brokers, repo desks) to identify firm needs and industry solutions
- Develop subject matter expertise for certain financing related topics, analyze and resolve complex problems, and respond to inquiries in a timely and effective manner
- Keep apprised of industry and regulatory developments as they relate to financing, prime brokerage, repo, securities lending, bank balance sheet and regulatory sensitivities, collateral, and technology
- Lead and/or contribute (as applicable) to strategic projects and opportunistic solutions by working with other Wellington teams including Portfolio Management, Trading, Product Management, Operations, Legal & Compliance, and Tax
- A natural curiosity and desire to expand one's knowledge and role
- College undergraduate degree, preferably in finance, engineering, economics, or mathematics
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment for a new but growing function, performing multiple tasks while balancing competing priorities
- Desire to lead projects and cross functional initiatives
- Previous experience in a role focused on securities financing, collateral optimization, or hedge fund treasury will be viewed favorably
- While coding skills are not required, comfort with analyzing large amounts of data to draw conclusions is expected
- A client service mindset and strong communication skills
- High degree of integrity
- 5-10 years of industry experience
- Possession of or progress towards a CFA charter or advanced degree is considered a plus
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 80,000 - 180,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families, and we are committed to fostering a flexible work environment that enables employees to thrive personally and professionally. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, and pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)