At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
The Quality Assurance Engineer (Investment and Trading) is a member of the Global information Technology team responsible for validating end-to-end trading systems workflows. Working in an Agile environment with developers and business analysts, and product owners and business partners such as portfolio specialists, and traders, this individual will be required to analyze and test complex end to end trading systems workflows, quantitate analysis concisely, and communicate to the team clear results, issues, and at times recommendations visualization techniques.
This position requires strong trading, analytical and mathematical skills to support the company's Investment applications.
As a member of an agile development team, this Investment QA Analyst will be participating in all agile ceremonies, assisting in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, iteration review and retrospectives.
Working in collaboration with Developers, Analysts, and other stakeholders to understand the requirements surrounding new or enhanced features this position is responsible for writing test case documents, test plan documents and test results that adhere to MFS standards. He or She will be responsible for performing peer reviews of testing artifacts and demonstrate to the technology team and business participants their test results, evidence, and any related analysis.
• Creating comprehensive test plans with well defined, reusable test cases from acceptance criteria defined in scrum stories.
• Executing software testing for trading and portfolio management systems to include functional testing, system end to end testing, regression testing, and performance testing.
• Working with the automation engineers to record and maintain automated test script libraries for functional regression testing for assigned applications.
• Assist with the development, integration, and coordination of cross-organization test projects.
• Generate effective status and progress reports to the QA manager and scrum team.
• Leads reviews of test plans, test strategy, and test cases and tracks progress towards established project goals and ensures the QA function is effective throughout the SDLC.
• Work with QA Architect and DevOps to promote continuous testing and continuous integration.
• Document software defects in an issue tracking system and proactively communicate issues with developers and business analysts. Responsible for defect triage with the project team.
• Successful candidate will have an aggregate of minimum 5-7 years of experience in testing investment management systems.
• Strong experience with trading systems end to end workflow, including modeling and post trade processing is strongly preferred.
• Experience with Charles River Investment Management system is preferred.
• Proficiency with SQL.
• Experience with micro service testing and automation.
• Experience with UI Automation.
• Familiarity with Java and Python
• Good experience in Agile scrum framework.
• Experience with the JIRA platform for SDLC.
• Working knowledge of industry standard best practices as related to software testing of financial products and workflows.
• Ability to translate from business requirements to technical testing solutions.
• Good interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with other members in a scrum team.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others. What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.