Overview ~Vice President, Product Management (Workplace Experience) - Hybrid
Put your professional experience to work for one of the world's most recognized and admired financial services companies with a career at BNY Mellon
Founded in 1784 by Alexander Hamilton, we have not only been an engine behind the evolution of the financial industry, but we have also evolved at every step. Today we have more than 50k+ employees across 35 countries as we continue to build momentum and achieve further growth .
As a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle,BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. As the world's largest custodian, we act as a comprehensive platform for financial markets, touching approximately 20% of the world's investable assets and serving 97% of the top 100 banks worldwide. We have a long history of innovation with the insights, solutions, technology, and talent to shape the future of finance. Product Management, Workplace Experience
Bank of New York Mellon is currently focused on optimizing its physical footprint to support an improved client and colleague experience. We are looking for a founding product manager to help form and execute our workplace experience strategy with the goal of creating consistent, innovative, and vibrant workplaces. Required Skills / Experience:
- Developing firm-wide strategies that include both physical and digital elements.
- Creating strategies with multiple stakeholders and prioritizing investments collaboratively.
- Managing a roadmap that tracks experience improvements and technology deliveries.
- Working with Engineering and Design teams to define scopes and requirements for specific investments.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods and data analysis.
- Aligning stakeholders to make data-based decisions.
- Experience defining a global measurement strategy.
- Experience in bringing user-centered features and products to market at scale.
- A passion for creating best-in-class workplace experiences.
- Ability to motivate a cross-functional team through influence, vision, and competence.
- Ability to make progress on complex problems in both structured and unstructured work arrangements.
- Ability to understand complex problems and break them down into manageable and prioritized scopes.
- Ability to understand and contribute to technical discussions.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex and technical information across diverse types of audiences.
- Ability to bring a product or service to market and think through the details of pricing, communication, and activation activities.
- Ability to build relationships and trust across the organization.
- Ability to manage stakeholders and have the courage to do what is right for the firm.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5- 7 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in Product Management, Product Design, Engineering, and/or Data Science.
- Experience working in Agile environment preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between$79,000 and$160,000peryear at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and company- sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance and market factors."
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.