The Senior Research Strategist provides investment research and competitive product positioning as part of the SPDR Americas Research team. The role is based in New York, NY or Boston, MA. The Strategist will demonstrate the expertise of our portfolio management teams and augment that with their own proprietary research related to investment strategies, derivatives, and other financial instruments, working alongside a larger research team dedicated to ETFs, market outlooks, investment analysis and thought leadership. As a Senior Research Strategist, you will:
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Continually monitor and analyze the financial markets as well as the industry competitive landscape to provide research, thought leadership and perspectives to clients and prospects.
- Use strong investment merits to enhance the product positioning of SPDR ETF family of ETFs, with a deep understanding of active, indexed, derivative oriented and quantitative investment strategies
- Utilize trends and data within the listed derivatives market to perform analysis of current market opportunities and the potential impact to investor sentiment
- Generate investment thought leadership for a wide breadth of investors and asset class topics that helps to educate our clients and promote ETFs relative to other investment vehicles, including listed-derivatives
- Articulate in-depth investment processes and provide ongoing updates on product positioning opportunities, as well as, represent the Research team as the subject matter expert on new product launches
- Have some client-facing opportunities to promote their work and insights, including at conferences where applicable.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- The ability to discuss cross-asset investment concepts, as well as have a considerable understanding of portfolio construction techniques and approaches with both physical and derivative instruments
- A complete understanding of the benefits of the ETF structure and how it functions in the secondary and primary markets
- A background in listed derivatives and their role in financial markets as well as practical portfolio usage
- Strong written and communications skills for frequent external and internal presentations.
- The capacity to develop and sustain strong working partnerships with our marketing, product and investment teams
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Minimum 7-10 years of investment experience
- CFA or CAIA, and/or MBA required
- Current securities licenses (Series 7 and Series 63) preferred or the ability to attain
- Clean compliance and U4 record required
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, FactSet and Morningstar Direct
- Knowledge of all asset classes and portfolio construction
- Critical understanding of financial theory and empirical research
- In-depth knowledge of ETFs and competing investment vehicles
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to work with and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Positive, collaborative attitude with a strong team orientation
- Available for travel 10-15%
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors Salary Range:
$100,000 - $167,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.