The State Street Global Advisors - Global Trading Team is a multi-asset trading desk that has been developed to meet the varied requirements that many of our clients demand. You will be responsible for overseeing, expanding and managing trade related data and projects for Global Trading.
If you have 5+ years of previous buy side or sell side experience in data & project management, data warehouses, trade related workflows, a strong understanding of transaction cost analysis, and be able to deliver a high level of service in a fast paced environment, then this is a job for you. You will be working in a team environment with other traders located in Boston, London and Hong Kong and will report directly to the Head of Trading Americas in Boston.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with data, explore & build new workflow solutions and be exposed to a wide range of investment strategies and teams at State Street Global Advisors. Specific Duties and Qualities sought:
Technical and Education Requirements:
- Provide support and resource to designing, creating and maintaining the Global Trading database(s) to drive improved workflows and better outcomes for our clients.
- Responsible for ensuring quality, accuracy and timely performance of the database(s) as well as possessing a strong understanding of database modeling and design principles.
- Proven Database Project Leader
- Engage and communicate with other divisions within Global Advisors and Corporate to leverage technologies and process to strengthen the Global Trading data position.
- Drive ongoing development of new and emerging business intelligence reporting, tools and offerings
- Provide, assist and deliver the production of reporting and monitoring of internal and external demands related to trading data.
- Solid understanding of the concept of value add, client centricity and the strength of a team-based environment
- Four year education degree or higher, Computer Sciences major preferred
- Data Science experience with some or all of Alteryx, Informatica, Excel, Python, UNIX Shell, Java, VBA, PL/SQL preferred
- Tableau data-visualization experience a plus
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity within the business and ensure compliance with industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements in all matters.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Attention to detail and the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment; flexibility and an ability to manage competing priorities.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in dynamic, team oriented environment.
- Ability to be a self-starter, strategic thinker and continuously identify opportunities for process improvement and optimization.
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors Salary Range:
$120,000 - $202,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.