At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. THE ROLE
Assists analysts and senior analysts in preparing financial reports, maintaining and developing Corporate Finance financial applications and executing general financial functions while supporting the Technology group. WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Assists in financial support functions to business units focusing on preparation and analysis of budgets and forecasts. Communicates with business unit management to investigate and resolve questions on budgets and forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation of standard financial and operational reports for business units and Corporate Finance. Assist in the administration of financial applications.
- Assist in the preparation of various financial entries and analysis and reconciliations to assist in the financial close process. Investigates and resolves reconciling items. Assists with the review of actual to budget results with business unit management and initiates any adjustments
- Assists in maintaining and administering functions to financial applications to ensure compliance with internal controls and standard operating procedures.
- Assists in the communication and presentation to Corporate Finance, business units and a variety of external parties relating to a variety of financial applications and reports.
- Assumes additional duties as requested.
- Bachelor's or Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
- 0+ years of relevant work experience within Finance.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet and database applications.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Prior experience
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others. What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.