About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
About the Role
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and positively impact our clients.
This role engages directly with the firm's business professionals in support of their workflow processes. This individual will think strategically and provide a robust technology platform for these professionals in the office, offsite, and while mobile. Ensuring quick and efficient resolution of technology related problems is critical as is project management skills, strong technical knowledge and expertise, and people management skills. This individual needs to work with minimal direct guidance and work effectively in a strong team environment with a deep sense of ownership and urgency. High stress situations involving problem diagnosis, business communication, and issue resolution must be handled with determination, effectiveness, and grace. In addition to working with a seasoned team that has built trusting relationships with the business teams, this role interacts closely with application support, engineering, and infrastructure teams across the IT department.
- Support all aspects of the end user computing platform and technology service delivery for business professionals
- Advance our customized support model designed to provide the highest level of service delivery to the business community
- Employ problem-solving skills on inquiries and issues that arise as part of the day-to-day business workflow
- Drive for issue prevention by employing root-cause analysis, issue tracking, trend analysis, and status reporting
- Coordinate IT staff and contractors to provide maintenance and repairs, moves, and equipment exchanges
- At least seven years in a senior role, with a minimum of three years of hands-on desktop
- Experience working in a financial firm
- Experience in PC hardware - desktops, laptops, and tablets
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office\Microsoft 365 Apps including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with remote computing technologies including VPN and remote desktop connection software (such as RDP and VMWare Horizon)
- Strong understanding of desktop video conferencing solutions (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Webex)
- Strong knowledge of mobile devices (iOS, Android, etc.) and Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems
- Working knowledge of internet\intranet technology
- Must be self-starter, possessing drive and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to provide direction, be a positive influence, and act as a role model to the rest of the team
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively
- Ability to perform research and share knowledge with team members
- Proven project and delivery management skills
- Attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Possess a strong understanding of financial markets
- Experience with Market Data Service applications
- Experience in a helpdesk environment
- ITIL Knowledge\Certifications.
- Experience with ticketing system (ServiceNow)
- Experience with Mac OS X
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 65,000 - 150,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families, and we are committed to fostering a flexible work environment that enables employees to thrive personally and professionally. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, and pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)