At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. THE ROLE
The Control & Reconciliation Representative II position is primarily responsible for reconciling and ensuring all expected bank activity is completed for less complex bank accounts. Research and determine actions for a variance resolution for less complex items. WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Perform reconciliation for assigned accounts.
- Download daily wire activity reports
- Report variances, which exceed standard time frame via AWD Rip process.
- Review daily error reports and initiate corrective action.
- Research and determine actions for variance resolution for less complex accounting records.
- Initiate communications with all processing areas of the Service Company to resolve variances.
- Document and resolve out-of-balance conditions in assigned accounts.
- Maintain relationships with custodian and operational banks.
- Perform weekly reporting of aged variances to all levels of management.
- Perform additional duties as required or directed.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 1-2+ years of industry experience and/or MFS experience.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 applications.
- Solid understanding of Excel is preferred.
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Strong time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experienced in the use of resources to resolve problems.
- Experienced communication with vendors preferred.
- Works with clearly defined procedures and established processes.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others. What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.