Who we are looking for
State Street Alpha Data Service (ADS) is the data-as-a-service provider that is the back bone of the Alpha front to back strategy. Combining both technology and service provision to deliver significant data management value to our clients. We're looking for a candidate to lead our Implementation Leads. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street AlphaSM. State Street AlphaSM redefines the common definition of 'alpha' to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses. Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As the ADS Head of North America Implementation Leads we are looking for the following:
- Manage and provide leadership and act as the escalation contact to the Implementation Leads, responsible for end of end client implementations in North America Region.
- Manage the resources that are working on a client implementation in a matrixed organization, this will include Project Managers, Business Analysts, Testers, Developers and other support staff
- Continuously assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the Implementation Leads area, recommend and implement changes as needed
- Closely partner with other regional Implementation Leads to ensure we maintain a globally consistent implementation model Be the face of the ADS organization to take the client through the Alpha journey/adoption. The candidate is expected to provide thought leadership to the clients during the due diligence and through the entire implementation journey
- Responsible for the end to end Implementation of Front to Back ("F2B") Alpha Data Platform/Alpha Data Services ("ADP/ADS") solutions to the client, starting with helping with pre contract due diligence, Business Requirements, Solution Design, Environment Setup, Development of any Custom Components, Testing Activities, Go Live activities and Post Go live hyper care support
- Enforce the utilisation of the Alpha Standard Documentation. Establish standard operating procedures and ensure adoption, including any client specific requirements that might be custom bespoke processes. Engage with the L2/L4 Support teams to insure proper coverage
- Partner with broader State Street organization to provide solutions in support of any new client requirements that are extension of the standard or in some select cases a client specific bespoke solution
- Collaborate with upstream application and system owners within State Street to integrate into ADP using the standard model
- Collaborate with all internal technical and business teams including GTS, SaaS Ops, Alpha Cloud Ops, Alpha Platform Engineering, Alpha Product, ADS Product, Alpha Data Ops and clients to resolve data issues
- Support the defect resolution process by collaborating with the development team in understanding the root cause of data issues and ensuring all defects are fixed
- Act as the ADS Lead for all activities with internal or external stake holders
- Collaborate with Client Implementation Executives to align on the Alpha implementation activities
- Be the voice of the client, continually assess and contribute to produce enhancements, software quality and other improvements that could be implemented to improve the client experience.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with our resourcing partners to ensure a seamless implementation experience for our clients, these partners include Deloitte, PWC, Hexaware etc.,
- Collaborate with external vendors as appropriate, this will include vendors like Bloomberg, Refinitive, MSCI, Factset, Axioma etc.,
- Manage the Implementation budget, resources and the run rate to insure we are operating within Budget and managing the scope
- Have a strong discipline towards managing scope, raise change controls as necessary to maintain the program health
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills across all channels and levels of recipients including team members, colleagues, clients at all levels including C suite.
- Demonstrate excellent motivational skills and lead by example in all areas.
- Support a culture of commitment, team work and productivity alongside diversity and work life balance.
- Must have experience in Front, Middle and Back Office services
- Business Analysis and Project Management skills are a must
- Extensive experience with Financial Services data domains - Security Master, Benchmarks, Positions, Transactions, Cash, Performance, Analytics etc
- Must have proficiency in SQL
- Knowledge of Data Management, Data Governance, Service Catalogue, Data Lineage tools, Operational Dash boards, Process Monitoring tools
- Working knowledge in Azure cloud platforms and Snowflake is a huge plus
- Knowledge about internal and external integrations, triage issues and implement/recommend solutions to data problems and anomalies
About State Street What we do.
- University degree in the field of computer science, data management or other financial services technical field
- 15+ years in data management, product and market data roles and responsibilities
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Salary Range:
$170,000 - $267,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.