At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. THE ROLE
The Director, Network Services is a visionary technology leader responsible for overseeing network architecture, design, deployment, and operations globally.
This role involves directing multiple teams, including managers of teams, responsible for networking, telephony, and audiovisual.
Success in this role requires in-depth knowledge of network architectures, telephony platforms, audiovisual media, cloud technologies, switches, firewalls, operating systems, and application connectivity and communication requirements.
Works closely with Senior Management to define future state services, establishing efficiencies that are consistent with the vision and strategy of MFS. Position mitigates risk and is focused on internal controls. WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Oversee the design and implementation of the next-generation network globally to support cloud, telephony, audiovisual, existing datacenter workloads while ensuring secure and resilient operations.
- Manage and develop high-performing teams, providing coaching, training and mentoring to both leaders and individual contributors in their career growth.
- Provides project management, prioritization, direction, and leadership to staff to accomplish defined projects and support activities.
- Identifies areas where new technologies can be leveraged to create enhanced customer service or improved operational efficiencies. Initiates steps to ensure Network high availability, protection from unauthorized access, and data integrity as if traverses the Network infrastructure.
- Conducts analysis, coordinates decision making, and informs MFS Management when issues arise that impact the content or delivery of projects.
- Attends industry seminars and communicates relevant information to unit. Ensures that personal development and professional training opportunities are available to the Network members.
- Maintains management reports that will track progress of outstanding projects, system enhancements, and other key elements.
- Drive technological advancements to optimize and advance firewall and VPN/remote access strategies and implementations.
- Implement top-tier solutions and technologies for monitoring and performance management.
- Establish credibility with business and application partners by implementing clear and measurable governance frameworks that accelerate the speed to market for all cloud functions.
- Foster collaboration across business units to support aligned strategies and promote mutually respected operational practices, driving continuous improvement in every market.
- Oversee the ongoing review of current network services to develop new and improved services, optimizing usage, capacity planning, cost reduction, and efficiency enhancement.
PREFERRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 12-15+ years' prior related experience in Network technology, Unified communication preferably with 5 years in Financial Services.
- Familiarity with Firewalls, point-to-point VPN, and client VPN technologies is necessary.
- Technical competence in LAN/WAN/INTERNET technologies, TCP/IP protocol suite; SONET based network services and routing protocols.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of current and emerging network technologies, especially in the context of SaaS, private cloud networks. Proven track record in simplifying complex environments.
- Showcase your ability to develop and execute plans that ensure the right individuals are in the right roles at the right time. Demonstrated experience in keeping employees highly engaged and satisfied.
- Consult end users, network staff, IT colleagues, business partners and industry best practices to determine present and future network infrastructure plans.
- Demonstrate the ability to influence the technological strategic vision, understand business priorities, navigate through ambiguity, and work effectively in a highly matrixed organizational structure.
- Experience with Cybersecurity, SOX Compliance, PCI, and Data Privacy regulations (such as GDPR) is preferred.
- Assess enterprise networking needs and assist in the introduction of new technologies in support of business needs.
- Financial skills to manage an annual operating and capital budget.
- Strong organizational and large project planning management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and management skills. Experience designing and delivering presentations and training to diverse audiences, including senior management, administrative staff members, technical and non-technical personnel, and clients of MFS.
- First-hand experience in implementing organizational changes to transition to an agile and cloud-based environment is highly valued.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills, with the capability to articulate ideas clearly to all levels within the organization, including the executive leadership team, peers, and staff.
- Ability to interact with all levels of MFS management
- A plus if certified in the following:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP
- Azure Network Engineer Associate (AZ-700)
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator (PCNSA)
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others. What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.