At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. THE ROLE The Senior Manager of Compensation will be responsible for driving global compensation programs and services while developing appropriate communication strategies and will be accountable for managing both the compensation team and overall function. This role plays a critical part in building rapport through collaboration and partnerships throughout the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Manage and contribute to the development strategy for corporate wide compensation programs including base pay, bonus, merit increases, short and long-term incentive plans, and equity programs. Ensures program plan designs support business goals and needs.
- Directly oversees and manages the workload and responsibilities of the compensation team, which includes guidance, advice and delivering feedback.
- Partners with Legal to ensure compliance with all regulatory and organization requirements, including assessing new and emerging regulatory regimes and their impact on MFS programs and compensation philosophy.
- Evaluates and refines compensation related project plans and priorities in accordance with MFS' strategies and goals.
- Proposes to senior HR management additions or changes to existing compensation programs based on analysis of market and business conditions.
- Partners closely with Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partners and other key decision makers to operate within the Compensation Philosophy.
- Works with with Corporate Finance to ensure alignment to compensation budgets.
- Manages the development of training programs which communicate new or revised compensation programs/plans and empowers managers to communicate programs to their staff.
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred.
- 8-12+ years of relevant experience gained through increasingly responsible positions, preferably within Financial Services.
- Management experience - providing guidance, feedback and career development for staff.
- Thorough knowledge and experience implementing compensation strategies and managing related programs in a global corporate environment.
- Strong knowledge and application/interpretation of complex regulations and laws as they pertain to compensation programs.
- Broad knowledge of total reward programs and concepts
- Possesses strong consultative and diagnostic skills, be detail oriented, flexible and able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with multiple geographic locations outside of the US is preferred.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.
What we offer:
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.