About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and positively impact our clients.
We are currently seeking a Lead Systems Engineer
to join our Workplace Technology function, leading our Infrastructure Support Team. The Workplace Technology Infrastructure Support team is responsible for third line support of our Desktop, Messaging and UC Platforms. This includes escalation path for the Service Desk and Deskside Support Teams; operational management of the platforms; executing software deployment, patching, bios, and driver updates; escalating issues to, and working with 3rd party vendors; and ensuring compliance to security baselines and policies.
- Lead and manage a team of technology infrastructure support professionals, providing guidance, coaching and mentorship to ensure optimal team performance
- Implement strategies, policies, and procedures to enhance the efficiency, reliability, and security of our technology infrastructure support operations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify technology infrastructure requirements, ensuring that business needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Monitor performance to ensure compliance with agreed-upon service levels
- Develop and maintain documentation, including but not limited to the following types: system design specifications, standard operating procedures, and incident reports
- Stay current with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices related to technology infrastructure support and make recommendations for their integration into the organization's infrastructure
- Provide technical expertise and support for escalated issues, ensuring prompt and effective resolution
- Foster a customer-centric culture within the team, ensuring exceptional service delivery, effective communication, and a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ensure all issues and requests are logged appropriately and escalated as necessary using the Incident and Problem management process
- Communicate clearly with stakeholders to ensure they are kept up to date this progress on open issues, and follow-up on all open and pending issues
- Identify and escalate persistent problems in the environment and work with wider teams to resolve
- Identify opportunities for service improvement and shift left and shift zero opportunities
- Ensure security and regulatory controls and policies are always adhered to
- Proven experience in managing technology infrastructure support operations, preferably in a financial services environment
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure technologies, including servers, networks, storage systems, operating systems, and virtualization
- Strong knowledge and experience in supporting a Microsoft based environment (including but not limited to: Intune, SCCM, Exchange Online, Teams)
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate and manage a diverse team of technology professionals
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a strong focus on providing efficient and effective solutions
- Solid project management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines and delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical issues
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 80,000 - 180,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)