State Street is seeking a Senior Cloud Security IR Analyst for our Cloud Readiness & Response team, which is a key part of security operations at State Street. This is a new team focussed on threat detection and incident response in cloud environments. The team will have an emphasis on cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, and others), while also securing cloud apps such as Office 365, Workday, and Salesforce. This is a priority role in an important team, with multiple positions to be filled. Preferred locations are Ireland (Dublin, Kilkenny, or remote), Poland (Krakow), or United States (MA, or remote in EST or CST timezones).
Job Posting Title Senior Cloud Security IR Analyst
Who are we looking for An experienced security professional with deep expertise in cloud security. The senior analyst will be responsible for designing and implementing critical capabilities and security controls around cloud infrastructure and applications. Success in this role will require an in-depth understanding of security operations and a passion for continued learning.
What will you be responsible for
- Ensure the security of State Street by delivering exceptional detection and response capabilities in public cloud environments
- Design and implement incident response capabilities for cloud, including to support triage, investigation, evidence collection, containment, and remediation
- Directly deliver tactical capability enhancements, partner with internal engineering teams and vendors on large-scale capability development
- Plan and lead tabletop exercises and hands-on response simulations to assess and develop response capabilities
- Deliver customised training and awareness programs to key operational teams on incident response techniques for relevant cloud platforms
- Represent Security Operations on strategic cloud projects, providing input and assistance around incident readiness, incident response, and other operational security concerns
What we value
- Deep expertise in cloud security, specifically infrastructure platforms such as AWS and Azure, and common enterprise SaaS applications
- Exposure to security incident response, specifically incidents involving cloud infrastructure and SaaS applications
- Experience with cloud native security capabilities and features (e.g., GuardDuty, Sentinel, CloudTrail etc), common enterprise security tools (SIEM, EDR, etc), and cloud-specific security tools (e.g., CSPM)
- Experience developing and deploying tools and capabilities which enable threat detection or response
- Significant experience securing AWS, and preferably at least one other cloud infrastructure platform
- Strong foundational security knowledge, with specific expertise in threat detection, incident response, threat hunting, or similar
- Understanding of current security threats and other challenges, as well as frameworks like MITRE ATT&CK
- Familiarity with common enterprise security tools, specifically SIEM, EDR, and NSM tools
- Experience with scripting, system integration, and light development (e.g., Python, PowerShell, other scripting)
- Experience managing technology projects including solution design, deployment, and enhancement
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills (verbal and written), a collaborative approach, and ability to influence and build partnerships with diverse stakeholders
- A track record of succeeding in distributed, international teams
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- This is a role for an experienced security professional, expected to have 7+ years of relevant security experience
- Qualified candidates will have direct experience securing cloud infrastructure in AWS, and preferably hands-on experience of cloud incident response
- Strong experience with cloud infrastructure is essential (either AWS or Azure)
- Experience planning and executing tabletop exercises and response simulations would be beneficial
- Experience developing and delivering technical training would be beneficial
- A degree is not required for this role, but a qualification in information security or information systems may be beneficial
- Relevant cloud security or IR certifications would be beneficial (e.g., CSA CCSK, GIAC GCFR / GCIH / GCFA), as would certifications from AWS, Microsoft, or other key cloud providers
- This role may be filled in Ireland (Dublin or Kilkenny preferred, or remote), Poland (Krakow) or United States (MA preferred, or remote in EST or CST timezones).
- This is primarily a strategic role rather than operational, however occasional participation in an on-call rotation may be required to support relevant work by other teams
Why this role is important to us Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street What we do
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at https://statestreet.com/careers Salary Range:
$110,000 - $185,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.