Overview of the Team:
State Street IMS is a division of State Street Global Service providing operations and middle office services to various investment managers. The IMS Performance team provides client service, facilitates performance related inquiries by working the respective operational team to get the issue resolved and update performance figures in our internal systems. Competencies:
- Leverage Talent - Actively commit to developing yourself and others to drive the competitive advantage achieved through a diverse, engaged and mobile workforce.
- Collaborate for Results - Do more than we thought possible by working together to accomplish our goals.
- Client Focus & Consultation - Provide excellent service and build strategic client partnerships with internal and external clients, based on knowledge of their needs and by exceeding mutual expectations.
- Manage Execution - Deliver flawless execution of work products through effective plans, clear priorities and developed process management methods to ensure all resources function at optimal levels.
- Quality & Risk Management - Drive high quality outputs and ensure that organizational risks are managed through embedding effective controls.
- Data & Analysis - Develop and maintain scorecards and metrics. Collect, analyze, package and communicate data at various levels for use by stakeholders.
- Interacts with internal and external parties related to performance inquiries
- Prepares and reviews various standardized reports within the business unit related to accounting performance activities/discrepancies.
- Works to resolve performance breaks related to cash, position, and accruals for investment manager's accounts.
- Researches complex issues, and proposes tactical and strategic solutions.
- Identifies and takes ownership of issues. Ensures problem resolution is well-documented and communicated to the appropriate parties.
- Acts as a resource within the assigned business unit to resolve complex or non-routine processing related questions/issues.
- Performs ad-hoc tasks to support team supervisor and the overall business unit as required.
- Responds to all inquiries timely and accurately.
- Provides recommendations for improving in processing or procedures.
- Assists the team with creating, updating and maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Trains new hires and more junior staff.
- Act as operational day-to-day escalation point of contact for clients, providing technical expertise to address and resolve.
- Ensure strategic day-to-day management and maintain successful long-term relationships of assigned accounts.
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems and processes as well as assist with client conversions and projects.
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews, controls, and audits as needed.
- Ensure appropriate records of daily and monthly activities are kept.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in both verbal and written forms.
- Proven critical thinking, technical, analytical, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize workloads under tight deadlines in a very fast-paced trading-driven environment.
About State Street
- Bachelor's degree with business related coursework or equivalent. B.S. in Finance, Economics, or Accounting preferred.
- Equivalent to a BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of related work experience
- Experience / High-level knowledge in most areas of investment accounting/reconciliation, trade processing, pricing and/or settlements of all fixed income types including bank loans, swaps, futures, options, collateral etc.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent math skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Computer proficient, including spreadsheet and database applications.
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers Salary Range:
$70,000 - $107,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.