Who we are looking for
The State Street's Alpha Data team is seeking an experienced and versatile Data Operations Specialist with business solutions and data analysis expertise to help us build and sustain our client's data capabilities and competitive advantage using the Alpha services and product offerings. The successful
candidate will have knowledge of tools and techniques used for efficient data management, outstanding collaboration expertise as well as communication and technical skills that enable process optimization and automation. This role is part of broader Alpha Data Operations team and the candidate will have an opportunity to work directly with implementation, service management and IT
teams across the globe.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Alpha Data Operations Specialist you will
• Support data operations; make sure the data is delivered to clients on time, accurate and within scope.
• Become process/platform SME; conduct root cause analysis of data issues and act as the point of contact to address questions, queries and requests
• Independently perform work within guidelines and according to specific procedures
• Support internal and client testing activities prior to "go live" date and immediate post-production transition, oversee and improve live processes
• As part of the wider team, add an input on overall Alpha Data product enhancements and requirements
• Collaborate with Alpha Data Implementation, Service Management and IT teams to share best practices, raise issues, develop consistent global processes
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
• Industry knowledge, experience in Middle Office Operations, Transaction Management, Corporate Actions, Derivatives, Performance & Analytics, etc. will be an advantage
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
• Attention to details, problem solving, and decision making
• SQL knowledge, hands-on experience with database/data warehouse
Education & Preferred Qualifications
• University degree in Data Management, Finance, Business or equivalent
• Typically 3 - 5 years of industry experience across Financial Services or Data fields
• Good knowledge of Bloomberg and/or other market data vendors
• Good knowledge of financial instruments from static data perspective
• Strong technical skills, e.g. SQL, knowledge of database design, multiple systems flow
• Reviewing Data Quality Controls using SQL & financial instruments knowledge • Leading meetings gathering multiple divions (IT, Middle Office, Data Operations, Implementation)
• Familiarity with Agile methodology and related tools (JIRA, Rally, RTC) is a plus • Strong team ethics and team player
• Good communication and English language skills (both written and verbal)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
$52,000 - $75,400 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.