About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
The Client Group has an opening for a Client Analyst on the Americas Institutional team out of our Boston office. The Analyst will work closely with the team's Business Developers, Relationship Managers and Consultant Relations Managers supporting our sales initiatives across Wellington's investment platform. Business Developers, Relationship Managers and Consultant Relations Managers work closely with prospects, clients and consultants to identify and implement investment solutions to meet their needs. A great deal of preparation goes into every meeting, proposal and product presentation, and Analysts are integral to the process.
Analysts have a broad range of responsibilities including collecting and analyzing prospect, client, competitor and industry information, participating in client/prospect calls and meetings, and creating comprehensive responses to and materials for presentations, RFPs and other client requests. The Analyst also collects information necessary to create and maintain a strong pipeline of prospects, including understanding the latest industry developments and uncovering potential business opportunities. The role requires frequent communication and interaction with Business Developers, Relationship Managers, Investment Product and Fund Strategies, Legal and Enterprise Risk, Finance, Portfolio Management, and Client Reporting.
The Analyst will work closely with the team's Business Developers, Relationship Managers and Consultant Relations Managers to accomplish the following:
- Develop an understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management's product offerings
- Serve as a contact for prospects/clients/investment consultants and for Wellington Management in the region
- Prepare briefing package and presentation materials for prospect/client/consultant calls and meetings
- Respond to ad-hoc inquiries and follow-up questions from meetings
- Schedule, coordinate and participate in external calls and onsite visits
- Conduct deep analysis on potential client and prospect new business opportunities
- Respond to Requests for Proposal by working with Investment Product and Fund Strategies, and other subject matter experts to ensure that each RFP is completed thoroughly
- Maintain an understanding of competitive peer groups and conduct peer analysis, business management and strategy work
- Follow trends in the industry and report findings to the team
- Serve as a member of the relationship team to support our clients' inquiries, cash flow requests and reporting requirements
- Navigate various internal data systems confidently, using creativity to build reports, source data points, and independently pull together responses to prospect due diligence requests
- Support marketing efforts including managing internal and external materials, working with third party vendors on research initiatives and requests and coordinating webinars, special events and industry conferences.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment requiring focus, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills, excellent judgment, and the ability to learn quickly and manage simultaneous projects
- The job entails extensive written and analytical work, thus proficiency using both Microsoft Excel and Word are required and experience with Salesforce is a plus
- A bachelor's degree with preference given to candidates with progress toward the CAIA designation, CFA designation, MBA or other graduate level degree.
- At least two years prior experience in the investment industry
- A positive attitude, terrific work ethic, very strong attention to detail, and sense of humor are absolutely required.
- Must be self-directed and requires an individual who can work independently under tight time constraints and evolving priorities.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 65,000 - 150,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)