About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role Company
: Wellington Management Company LLP Location
: 280 Congress Street, Boston, MA 02210 Position Title
: Senior Software Engineer Job Description
: Perform software engineering and work on existing and new projects for the Investment and Trading businesses, including the design and implementation of Java based components and systems. Specific responsibilities include:
- Contributing to design sessions.
- Defining success criteria and expected outcome to meet the needs.
- Collaborating with architecture leads to resolve solution gaps.
- Supporting on call rotation for the Investment and Trading Businesses.
- Performance tuning, bug fixes and documentation.
- Performing code reviews for software engineering projects.
- Perform testing including unit testing, integration testing and beta testing.
- Developing direct relationships with end users and establishing a collaborative process to obtain feedback on solutions and share best practices.
Position is fixed location based in Boston office; however, telecommuting from a home office may also be allowed. Job Requirements
: Requires a Master's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering (any), Mathematics, Information Technology, or a related field plus two (2) years of IT experience in enterprise software design.
Must have 2 years of experience in each of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Object Oriented analysis, design and modeling
- Knowledge of the Java Virtual Machine, its drawbacks, weaknesses and solutions
- Designing and developing complex Java based systems and components.
- Integrating Java applications with relational database systems such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, or Azure.
- Agile software development and testing methodologies and their effective application.
Must have 1 year of experience in each of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Analyzing and resolving systems issues and recommending and implementing solutions to prevent recurrence.
Will accept a Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering (any), Mathematics, Information Technology, or a related field plus five (5) years of IT experience in enterprise software design in lieu of a Master's degree plus two (2) years of experience.
40 hours/week, 9:00am-5:00pm, $158,000-170,000/year. To apply, please submit resume on-line or to GMGlobalMobility@wellington.com (Req. # R89683)
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .