About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role Company
: Wellington Management Company LLP Location
: 280 Congress Street, Boston, MA 02210 Position Title
: Senior Software Engineer Job Description
: Develop and support the core platform used to make daily investment decisions based on algorithms and analysis of complex data sets. Work closely with our Alternative Market Premia Strategies investment team. Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with investment professionals through cross-platform, data driven projects and be exposed to their idea generation process
- Work closely with business users to understand their challenges and design user-friendly, performance optimized technical solutions
- Design, build, and support core platform components currently implemented in Python, Matlab, or Java
- Write complex SQL to retrieve data from various databases and use them to create reports, visualizations, and dashboards
- Design, build, and support infrastructure (AWS and non-AWS) components
Position is fixed location based in Boston office, however, telecommuting from a home office is allowed. Job Requirements
: Requires a Master's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Quantitative & Computational Finance, or a directly related field plus two (2) years of experience developing application software.
Must have 2 years of experience in each of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Software development using object oriented and functional designs to build fault-tolerant, production-ready systems
- Software development supporting rapid paced delivery using the following languages: Java, Python, or Matlab
- Working with mathematical models and concepts, including linear optimization and statistical analysis
- Setting up, developing, and maintaining Oracle databases
- Building data integration to financial market data vendors: Bloomberg, Haver, and Datastream
- Building software for investment risk management
Will accept a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Quantitative & Computational Finance, or a directly related field plus five (5) years of experience in developing application software in lieu of a Master's degree plus two (2) years of experience.
40 hours/week, 9:00am-5:00pm, $158,000-170,000/year. To apply, please submit resume on-line or to GMGlobalMobility@wellington.com (Req. # R89681)
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .