Overview ~Vice President, Product Management~ (Hybrid) Overview
Put your professional experience to work for one of the world's most recognized and admired financial industry companies with a career at BNY Mellon
Founded in 1784 by Alexander Hamilton, we have not only been an engine behind the evolution of the financial industry, but we have also evolved at every step. Today we are more than 50k+ employees across 35 countries as we continue to build momentum and achieve further growth .
As a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle, BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. Being one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages $42 trillion in assets, has 97% of the world's top banks as customers, and one of the first to use computing technology and access the largest dataset available globally, we have the insights, solutions, technology, and talent to shape the future of finance. Vice President, Product Management
Product Management - IC4Leads product management, development, and strategy for large and/or complex products. Usually assigned to product areas with high-growth potential and has fully developed core expertise on industry trends, market segments and competitor services/offerings. Develops ideas for new products. Ensures that risk, regulations, and market conditions are accounted for throughout the life-cycle of developed products. Required Skills / Experience:
- Analyzes complex client requirements and develops solutions that may include more than one product. Must understand the economics behind products and demonstrate business acumen.
- Independently manages the development, enhancement, and profitability of assigned products and performs both operational and marketing analysis to ensure profitability and penetration goals are met.
- Manages relationship with Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. to ensure different requirements are met during the new product development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning processes.
- Employs a client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment.
- Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability.
- Creates product management roadmaps and establishes evaluation criteria and success metrics. Leads pricing, promotion, distribution strategies and competitive differentiators.
- Positions products for specific client segments, highlighting key benefits and competitive advantages.
- Engages with Sales and relationship Management in supporting business sales.
- Performs technical training, demonstration and develops user guides for clients while also preparing sales materials and training BNY Mellon professionals.
- Guides junior product managers and directs and works with operations and systems managers during product implementation to ensure operating plan goals are met.
- No direct reports. Provides guidance to less experienced colleagues as needed. May lead others on project teams.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives and profitability of assigned product(s).
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred. 7-10 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred. MBA or CFA preferred.
- Product Leadership Certification preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $79,000 and $160,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and company- sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance and market factors."
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.