Who we are looking for
The State Street's Alpha Data team is seeking an experienced and versatile Operations Leader with business and data analysis expertise to help us build and sustain our client's data capabilities and competitive advantage using the Alpha services product offerings. The successful candidate will have knowledge of tools and techniques used for efficient data management, outstanding technical, communication, collaboration and organizational skills that enable service delivery, process optimization, as well as effective team management. This role is part of broader Alpha Data Operations team and the candidate will have an opportunity to work directly with implementation, service management
and IT teams across the globe.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and
profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build
resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Alpha Data Senior Operations Manager you will
• Lead fast growing Data Operations team; manage 20+ employees on different level and experience.
• Become process/platform SME; act as the point of contact for relevant clients to address questions, requests and escalations
• Monitor SLA execution, KPI, KRI and error logs and address issues promptly
• Constantly challenge status quo in order to improve operational efficiency
• Work with the team on root cause analysis, research, testing and problem resolution
• Provide periodic and ad hoc status reporting to senior management and relevant stakeholders
• Define and document current and future state operating models as required
• As part of the wider team, add an input on overall Alpha Data product enhancements and requirements
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
• Industry knowledge, experience in Middle Office Operations, Transaction Management, Corporate Actions,
Derivatives, Performance & Analytics, etc. will be an advantage
• Outstanding analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Excellent leadership, balance of technical/business knowledge,
• Effective communication skills at all levels of the organization
• Cross-department cooperation experience
• Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making
Education & Preferred Qualifications
• University degree in Data Management, Finance, Business or equivalent
• 8+ years of data operations experience across Financial Services or similar
• Expert knowledge of investment data and aspects of investment process
• Proven leadership experience
• Strong team ethics and team player
• Fluent English is required
What we offer
• Permanent contract from day one
• Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
• VIP medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
• Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
• Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
• Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
• Variety of well-being programs
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
$70,000 - $115,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.