Job Description Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced sales individual with a proven track record of sourcing new clients and closing deals that generate new revenue for the company. As a part of our sales team, the ideal candidate should have a track record to penetrate new prospect organizations to introduce State Street, convey our value, and generate opportunities to grow business. Strong industry and product experience will enable this candidate to target new prospects in mutual fund managers and/or investment managers as well as Alternative and Insurance sectors of the market. Primarily based in Boston, this role will travel extensively within the assigned segment and region. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Investment Services and the Client Coverage and Sales Team. This sales position will have primary responsibility for driving the execution of Global Services sales strategy within a target territory. This is a new business sales role, requiring you to research opportunities, initiate discussions, build and cultivate prospect relationships, manage sales process, and close deals that generate new revenue for the company across State Street's full breadth of services and solutions. What you will be responsible for
As a Segment Sales Lead, MD you will
What we value
- Penetrate new prospect organizations to introduce State Street, convey our value, and generate opportunities to grow business; cultivate new senior relationships
- Lead sales process from prospecting through close, including lead generation, prospect qualification, RFP completion, and client demonstrations/meetings.
- Successfully partner with a virtual team of executives and subject matter experts through all aspects of a long and detailed sales cycle
- Proactively build/drive pipeline volume, accelerate sales cycle, actively manage deals to close
- Establish, cultivate, and leverage internal and external referral networks.
- Collaborate with relevant management resources to drive product and messaging strategies to differentiate our solutions
- Partner with Product Specialist and Demo team during client presentations to ensure client engagement and positive outcome
- Work closely with operations, legal, risk and relationship management to align opportunities with corporate goals
- Understand, monitor, and communicate competitor activity throughout the market, identifying key strengths and weaknesses relative to State Street's product offering
- Provide feedback to Corporate Marketing on product positioning, marketing materials, and industry trends
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Leadership skills and sales success
- Strong time management and presentation skills
- Consultative sales skills and ability to solution complex multi-threaded solution sets.
- Strong written and verbal skills along with a high level of professionalism
- Ability/process of accurate pipeline management from initial lead to close
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment to achieve results
- Ability to manage and influence colleagues and virtual team members
- BA/BS degree, Masters degree (or equivalent) preferred
- 12 -15 + years successful sales experience
- Strong financial services background and experience,
About State Street What we do.
- This position will require business travel.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Salary Range:
$170,000 - $267,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.