Job Description Who we are looking for
The Multi-Asset Class Trading Front Office Trading Services (FOTS) team provides trading assistance and support across the globe (North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific) for State Street Global Market's FX Sales & Trading electronic trading (eFX) and FX Sales and Trading Desks. The teams act as the primary facilitator of trading and a liaison for external and internal clients. In addition to trading support and client services, the team participates in projects related to new trading initiatives, testing and implementation planning. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world. What you will be responsible for
As Front Office you will
What we value
- Assist SSGM eFX and FX Sales & Trading with trade support and related responsibilities.
- Research and resolve trade related inquiries from Sales and Trading, back office, fund groups, and clients
- Monitoring SSGM's trading systems and address/resolve issues with appropriate escalations.
- Cancelling, modifying, and rebooking of trades
- Supporting FX Algos, eFX, StreetFX and IndirectFX client onboarding (Front Office components) and performing pricing validations for SSGM's indirect FX activity
- Communicate and maintain strong working relationships with multiple departments (Trading, Operations, Finance, IT, third party vendors) to resolve breaks and trade discrepancies on a time sensitive basis.
- Participate in various projects that require FOTS expertise, involvement with testing or future support.
- Understand the intricacies of manual and/or exceptional processes on the FX desk and work with IT, Credit & Compliance, Operations and Business Analysis teams to improve process inefficiencies.
- Liaise with Client Support Services team with queries relating to the on-boarding of new business.
- Produce reporting for clients and internal use.
- Strictly follow the controls and procedures to reduce risk to Business.
- Role requires 5-days a week work in the office.
These skills will help you succeed in this role.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education qualifications deemed appropriate in local market.
- Some financial services industry and exposure to foreign exchange is preferred but not required.
- Some Client facing is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship skills
- Strong willingness to learn systems, processes and new technical skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and under own initiative as well.
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Salary Range:
$52,000 - $78,520 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.