Who we are looking for
We are looking for self-motivated hands on Senior Developer/Technical Lead for Global Markets Datalake Team (Big Data Technologies). Candidate will closely work with technical and business teams based in Boston in an agile fashion to develop technical solutions for Global Markets, aligning with its data strategy. What you will be responsible for
As Senior Developer/Tech Lead you will
- Closely work with Technical and business teams based in Boston in an agile fashion to develop Technical solutions for Global Markets, aligning with its data strategy.
- Work with the team to design large scale enterprise solution and application integration for our on-prem to AWS cloud migration
- Will closely collaborate with software development team to understand workload requirements and guide them to the best leverage of cloud services, optimizing for performance, cost and architectural flexibility
- Lead In house application development and cloud migration efforts
- Assume the ownership from development to Production rollout using software development approaches from Waterfall to Agile, including test-driven development.
What we value
- Working in multi-location agile environment in the alignment with business and technology teams
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Self-driven, critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Strong Hands-on large scale, multi-tenant development experience.
- Effective communication skills to interact with various stakeholders and senior management.
- Ability to learn and adept to new tools and technologies quickly.
- Strong presentation and whiteboarding skills
Additional requirements Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering
- Minimum 10+ years of hands on experience with application development and Solution Architecture.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Technology experience such as AWS, Azure and ability to lead application migration to public cloud
- Hands-on knowledge in Hadoop technologies (Hive, HBASE, Impala,), Spark (Scala or Python), Databricks.
- Understanding of Java based development
- Experience with application security, scalability, performance, service-oriented integration, working with databases, including competency in structured and unstructured data sources, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Knowledge of ETL Tools, CI/CD, Github, Elasticsearch is big plus
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity aocial Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Salary Range:
$110,000 - $185,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.