Who we are looking for
Qualified applicants should have prior experience managing large programs, and or supporting executive managers as chief of staff particularly in the context of a software business or professional services. Applicants should be at ease leading others with no hierarchical connection and should also be comfortable working in a high growth business, fast paced environment driving the firms strategy and AlphaSM product capabilities. Applicants must demonstrate experience managing organizations through significant change and developing relationships at executive levels. Over time, this position could potentially evolve into increasing levels of responsibility within the wider Alpha Implementation organization Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street AlphaSM. State Street AlphaSM redefines the common definition of 'alpha' to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses. Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Client Implementation Executive you will be responsible for the delivery and overall success of each program. You will supervise managers and inform executives on progress and performance. A successful Client Implementation Executive must have a broad knowledge of program management principles, experience leading organizations through transformational change and the ability to build relationships and engage effectively at executive levels. They must have a strategic mindset as well as be able to lead highly matrixed teams at State Street. The goal is to ensure every program will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to the organization.
What we value
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Oversee and approve a program plans inclusive of State Street, client and critical 3rd party tasks. Ensure program milestones and dependencies support agreed upon scope and timeline.
- Develop and monitor budgets, forecasting and resource allocations for the program
- Establish Project Governance both internally and with the client ensuring all stakeholders are communicated with frequently and appropriately
- Drive the client, internal stakeholders and critical 3rd parties to execute against their tasks and milestones; drive proper governance and program reporting
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements
- Supervise all program and project managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Implement standard change control process, deploy and maintain risk, issue and decision logs
- Ensure program activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Build and manage relationships with the client and all stakeholders
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Leadership and an ability to bring together teams across different levels and disciplines within the organization
- Outstanding presentation, communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills across all levels of management. A detail-oriented disposition and clear, concise communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, decision making and relationship management skills
- The Enterprise Culture traits and behaviors - Choose to own it, Break through Silos, Deliver results through integrity, Do Better Every Day, Care for colleagues, clients and community
- Strong understanding of financial markets and investment management processes, including back office functions
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred, or relevant experience within the financial services industry
About State Street What we do.
- Demonstrated experience leading large transformational programs; preferably within a leading consulting firm
- Experience with Agile software development, highly configurable systems and leading testing techniques
- Familiarity with Jira or Clarity is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers Salary Range:
$170,000 - $267,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.