The institutional asset management industry is evolving. Clients need more than products, they need advice and solutions that help them achieve their goals. State Street Global Advisors is seeking a leader who can excel in that environment and help others on their team do the same.
As the Head of North America Consultant Relations
, you will lead all aspects of our business development and relationship management efforts with regional and global consultants in the NA region. You will -
- establish, align and implement coverage and sales plans to maximize the distribution of the full breadth of SSGA products.
- establish a tracking and reporting methodology, with metrics that enhance team effectiveness and permit simple stakeholder reporting, including accurate and timely CRM use.
- build and lead a team of experienced consultant liaisons, providing mentoring, coaching and support that leads to the achievement of the robust activity, established ratings and deep strategic partnerships.
- engage internally across the organization to partner with the product, marketing and investment resources of the firm to address the ever-changing needs of the institutional marketplace.
- engage externally to amplify our voice and reputation in the industry.
- personally own key client relationships as a senior leader of the consultant relations function.
The successful candidate will have an established track record of leading teams, developing and maintaining strong relationships with institutional investors and/or key contacts at the consulting firms, and successfully growing a business.
This is a highly strategic and visible role for the firm's NA institutional business. This individual will need to be a sophisticated business builder who will develop and implement the strategic plan to strengthen SSGA's partnerships with the consultant community on a regional and global basis.
As part of SSGA's senior leadership team, you will also participate in the development and implementation of the overall strategy and goals of the broader institutional business globally. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, Target Date and retirement income investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. What we value and what you will be responsible for
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Deep understanding of and insight into the NA institutional and consultant relations segment
- Talent to build, motivate and coach high-performing teams
- Ability to build executive-level client relationships, including C-suite engagement, that result in mutually beneficial partnerships
- Existing industry profile and relationships that can accelerate the success of sales initiatives
- Successful experience setting, measuring, meeting and exceeding targets
- Ability to lead, prioritize and execute simultaneous projects and initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and influencing skills
- Proven ability to form and cultivate positive relationships with clients and internal colleagues
- Ability to thrive in a highly regulated environment that demands full compliance with policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive, can-do attitude with the ability to motivate and inspire others
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- 7+ years of experience selling to and/or servicing institutions preferred
- The ideal candidate will have a successful record of developing relationships with relevant investment consultants
- Strong academic credentials including an undergraduate degree; advanced degree and/or CFA a plus. FINRA Series 7, 63, and 3 are required for the role.
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors Salary Range:
$170,000 - $267,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.