Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
About the Role
As a member of the Investment Research Leadership Team, the Associate Director, Global Industry Research is responsible for providing strategic and talent management support to the Directors of Research in many areas related to markets/securities/ performance and investment philosophy and process. They will also drive strategic priorities for the department forward in line with the vision of the leadership team through strong project management and an iterative collaboration process with the global leadership team. If aligned with the skillset and desire of the individual, this position could lead to management of investors over time but not required.
Responsibilities will include:
• Broad Analyst Due Diligence: Conduct rigorous due diligence on GIAs/FICA's by studying and analyzing their P&P, and approach to research and rating. Identifying key areas of strength, core competencies and highlighting development areas.
• Broad sector and Market Analysis: Provide detailed analysis of sector and market trends to help understand what is and is not working in a sector and how that overlays with our GIAs/FICA's recommendations. Collaborate with other areas of the firm to understand broader firm positioning.
• Management dashboard and reporting: Study and assess existing management reporting capabilities and collaborate with our iSci team to build and maintain a series of dashboards that highlight key performance information, investment recommendations, ownership at the firm and in the research portfolios. Help us identify and track Investment research KPIs.
• Strategic Initiatives: Play a leading role in managing the process for our strategic initiatives - including leading our MBA program.
• Early Career Investors: Build strong relationships with this important cohort of investors in supporting the directors. Work with the lead of the Early Career program and the directors in the management of these investors.
• Review Groups: Drive the review group process including working with the directors to build agendas and materials for the meeting, taking and distributing notes and ensuring feedback is given and followed up on.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience working with investment professionals with a solid understanding of (equity or credit) fundamental research. They will thrive in a highly collaborative global group with strong analytical, organizational and communication skills. We are seeking a mature thought partner with strong consulting orientation, superb judgment, and the ability to diagnosis, iterate, bring others along, influence and see through important projects.
Additional qualifications and characteristics include:
• Ability to interpret investment performance information into actionable insights
• Credibility to engage productively with senior investors and leaders, including ability to constructively challenge status quo and solve problems;
• Ability to navigate stressful situations with poise; focused on being a calming presence, active listener and pragmatic problem solver;
• Demonstrated passion for the investing business- a student of the industry
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to articulate and integrate numerous viewpoints and mobilize/influence across all levels of the organization, including senior leaders;
• Results orientation. The ability to manage, prioritize and complete multiple projects simultaneously
• Conversant in data/technology with ability to think through next generation tools to support investment processes
• Detail oriented - strong attention to detail and accuracy in data analysis, report preparation and documentation
• Strong communicator - Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex ideas and findings clearly and concisely.
• Strong academic credentials; MBA and/or CFA (or equivalent) is preferred
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 100,000 - 225,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families, and we are committed to fostering a flexible work environment that enables employees to thrive personally and professionally. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, and pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)