At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. THE ROLE
In this role you will act as a subject matter expert in Business Continuity responsible for the oversight, design, implementation, and effective and efficient maintenance of related technologies, concepts, and strategies. In addition, this role requires a deep knowledge of Business Continuity, with a firm understanding of related disciplines and how they interoperate.
The Business Continuity Manager will be responsible for supervising the Business Continuity team to ensure program deliverables are completed on time and in accordance with business continuity procedures. This manager is accountable for the performance within the team and based on current priorities while ensuring tasks are completed within the business continuity procedures. WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Client Due Diligence responses and presentations
- Vendor Due Diligence Oversight including contract reviews
- Budgeting and other strategic project oversight
- Crisis Management team training, awareness, and activations
- Disaster recovery testing and activation oversight including technical guidance to team members and support personal
- Business Continuity program oversight and coordination
- Internal and external audit oversight and coordination along with other regulatory reporting requirements
- Mentoring and team development including provides guidance to team on priorities and acts as point of escalation for troubleshooting/resolving issues
- Leads projects and is directly accountable for meeting project objectives including timelines and budgeting.
- 6-8+ years of related Information Technology experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related technical field. Master's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to remain calm in tough situations.
- Considered subject matter expert in the area.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others throughout the organization through strong partnerships .
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills .
- Ability to motivate team members to complete quality work on time.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational and financial skills.
- Proven ability to manage projects efficiently and effectively in a well-organized manner.
- Ability to prioritize and utilize resources to meet deadlines.
- Experience with call notification systems
- Experience with business continuity planning tools
- Budgeting experience
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others. What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.