Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
Wellington InvesTech Operations - Fund Services, oversees a broad array of funds, including hedge, private equity, offshore, and commingled investment trusts that invest globally across all asset classes. Fund Services is responsible for the accounting, financing, financial reporting and operations for these funds.
The Fund Controller sits within Fund Services and will play a key role in our transfer agency oversight team. This role requires frequent collaboration with other Wellington teams and external service providers.
• Interacting closely with internal colleagues and external service providers to ensure the timely and accurate processing of client cash flows into Wellington's hedge and commingled funds
• Working with the transfer agent and internal client service teams to handle a wide range of client account servicing requests including special handling of transactions and account queries
• Expertise operating and supporting the enhancement of internal system applications
• Daily and periodic monitoring of service provider delivery and performance
• Processing of hedge fund of fund allocation trades
• Monitoring position and cash balances across multiple systems, resolving discrepancies as needed
• Developing and managing relationships with Wellington's centralized teams and external service providers
• Leading and supporting projects, both large and small, associated with the funds, Wellington's operational and systems infrastructure, and service providers
• College undergraduate degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or business
• Experience from an asset manager, hedge fund, or fund administrator ideally in a transfer agent related capacity is preferred
• Advanced business application skills, strong Excel and Access abilities are preferred
• Very strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• A natural curiosity and desire to expand one's knowledge and role
• A proactive nature in developing and improving processes
• Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, performing multiple tasks and balancing competing priorities
• A client service mindset and strong communication skills
• Progress towards a CPA, CFA, CAIA or MBA is a plus
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 65,000 - 150,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)