Summary description of the role:
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the Archer Integrated Risk Management(IRM) Technology portfolio/applications.
- Manage the full scope of IT Change, oversee execution, analyze requirements and impact, and the validation of deliverables.
- Day to day management of the IRM technology team, including staffing, people management, capacity and budget management.
- Collate, define, and analyze the multiple IT demand pipelines end-to-end. Condense this into clear, actionable remediation tasks, reconcile, and ensure comprehensive plans are produced to execute against.
- Oversee the various individual initiatives and projects, identify, track and manage risks and issues, ensure dependencies are clearly captured, and ensure ownership and actions are clearly defined and not duplicated across projects or workstreams.
- Manage budget and staffing forecasting, tracking and reporting requirements, produce clear Dashboard reporting including Program Reporting of overall deliverables, interdependencies, and critical path analysis.
- Ensure governance of the portfolio adheres to corporate standards, including Change Management Framework. Manage the PMO function effectively, including Demand Management, project governance improvements, reporting and dependency management.
- Liaise between various functional (Operations and Product) teams, and coordinate consensus on all project plans, status, and risk tracking.
- Ensures that IRM change projects, remediation actions and requirements are incorporated into the current book of work
- Ensure appropriate oversight and management, with particular emphasis on the governance of regulatory and mandatory projects
- Develop, refine and manage appropriate Management Information reporting for IRM across multiple workstreams.
- Communicate project and program status updates to senior management, and business units on a regular basis, and at short notice/ ad hoc as required.
- Report issues, identify risks and challenges, manage and mitigate delays with the business, work closely with global business leads to deliver accurate and timely project reporting, financial forecasting, tracking and reporting, produce clear senior Dashboard reporting.
- Actively manage the delivery of target dates and program milestones so that deadlines are met and projects remain on target.
- Resolve issues, decision-making and ownership of remediation/ path to green. Generate creative and innovative solutions to highly complex problems.
- Serve as an escalation point, and point of contact for Integrated Risk Mgmt team in their engagements with their global and regional dependencies.
- Influencing skills at a senior level across a number of 3rd party dependencies
- Excellent initiative, planning and decision-making skills.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
- Complex Program Management, global scope, multiple dependencies
- Collaboration across multiple stakeholders to achieve a common goal
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Extensive (10 years +) experience in program management.
- Extensive (10 years +) experience managing change across multiple business units.
- Previous client-facing, or regulatory change experience background preferable.
- Knowledge and proven experience of managing complex, multi-workstream improvement or remediation programs.
- Very strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Excellent influencing skills required.
- Strong reporting, and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, high attention to detail
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Salary Range:
$135,000 - $210,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.