At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. THE ROLE
Using discretion and judgment, the Service Center Section Manager typically manages nonexempt level employees (as well as contract employees) and manages routine Human Resource-touchpoints in the employment lifecycle, including the processes of hiring, career development, staffing issues, and training. Demonstrates competency to manage and maintain day-to-day operations specific to a functional team. Must ensure the timely escalation of issues or challenges to the appropriate management level should they arise. Serve as a front-line manager, may require multi-tasking in support of interdependent operating teams. WHAT YOU WILL DO
Manages the day-to-day operations and tasks for a work group while performing tasks when necessary to ensure deadlines are met. Uses department specific technology to perform supervisory tasks.
- Acts as a subject matter expert concerning products serviced by the department.
- Conducts interviews and makes hiring decisions.
- Generate department reports.
Resolves daily work issues and escalates more complex issues to their Supervisor.
- Ensures compliance with all MFS policies and procedures.
- Assists with complex and/or sensitive customer service issues while balancing customer expectations with potential financial impact to MFS.
- Interacts with own department and others to facilitate problem resolution.
Coaches and develops employees to achieve department quality and productivity standards.
- Assists with the development of procedures.
- Ensures timely communication of pertinent information by conducting regular staff meetings.
- Assists with career development; writes and conducts performance appraisals; recommends rep promotions.
Participates in projects that impact department.
Assumes additional responsibilities as required. WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years' of experience in customer service, management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated competency to manage and maintain day to day operations specific to a functional team.
- Must ensure the timely elevation of issues or challenges to the appropriate management level should they arise.
- May require multi-tasking in support of interdependent operating teams.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others. What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.