About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Guideline Monitoring Analyst ("The Analyst") will be part of the Investment Implementation team within the Investment Services and Technology group (InvesTech). InvesTech brings technology and operations together to deliver better, more efficient outcomes for our clients and business partners. In addition to Investment Implementation, InvesTech is comprised of the Infrastructure Design, InvesTech Operations, and Technology teams.
- The Analyst will focus on providing support to investment teams, to ensure that investment transactions and holdings are compliant with client guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- The Analyst will be part of the team that i) Reviews Investment Management Agreements, evaluates client guidelines, and maintains the guideline monitoring system, Sentinel, ii) performs real-time, pre-trade support with investors, and iii) resolves post-trade incident exceptions generated from Sentinel.
- The Analyst will work collaboratively with other Guideline Monitoring Analysts, as well as other internal teams, specifically our Global Relationship Teams, Product Management and Portfolio Management, to develop a deep understanding of investment strategies relative to client guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- The Analyst will participate in various ad hoc projects such as process improvements, scenario analysis and technology enhancements.
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of investment types, including equity and fixed income products, and derivative securities.
- Prior Guideline Monitoring, Investment Operations or Investment Compliance experience and/or an understanding of different regulatory regimes would be advantageous but not required.
- Be self-confident, a self-starter, results driven, energetic, have an inquisitive mind, and be controls conscious.
- Have strong organisational skills, an ability to manage assignments with competing priorities, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Have strong attention to detail and computer literacy (knowledge of Word, Excel, and similar tools).
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 100,000 - 225,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)