At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. THE ROLE:
The Investment Product Specialist (IPS) is a member of the Global Product team. The role serves as a product expert and business leader on specific MFS strategies with a primary focus on institutional and intermediary distribution channels. The IPS collaborates with a broad group of functions across the organization, such as investment management, distribution, marketing, legal, compliance and operational groups, to position and support assigned capabilities with the objective of growing and retaining assets. The role is responsible for all aspects of investment product management, including conducting product presentations, leading internal training sessions, performing competitive analysis, supporting product development efforts, overseeing the creation and maintenance marketing collateral, supporting the RFP process, writing portfolio positioning and attribution commentary, reviewing performance composites, auditing consultant database as well as other ad-hoc activities. WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Serve as the product expert on assigned capabilities to support the MFS sales, consultant relations, relationship management, and client service teams with the objective of retaining and growing assets under management. Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the capital market environment, MFS investment process, portfolio positioning and performance attribution.
- Deliver in-depth product presentations to clients, consultants, and prospects. Traveling may be required up to 50% of the time.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of assigned products. Conduct detailed competitive analysis to best position strategies in the market place.
- In conjunction with the distribution and investment teams, develop and execute a strategic plan for existing products as well as new product development ideas.
- Work collaboratively with investment management to ensure active, enthusiastic support of the sales, marketing and client service process.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of investment marketing and client materials including presentations, product profiles, RFP responses, client reporting packages and quarterly performance commentary. Includes active participation in sales and client service efforts, including completing investment-related client requests, and providing behind-the-scenes support.
- Works closely with global distribution partners to develop strategies for business retention. This includes developing appropriate measures for analyzing performance, and articulating verbally and in written form the rational for strategy positioning and performance. Provide industry intelligence to senior management to ensure that products, extensions of products, and new products meet market demand.
- Develop training materials related to investment capabilities and lead in ongoing strategy training sessions.
- Work with the performance team to monitor and maintain performance composites.
- 8-12+ years of investment management with a strong preference for in depth product management experience.
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated presentation skills.
- Have the ability to work effectively with a variety of functions across the organization and at varying levels, including distribution, investment management, marketing, compliance, legal and operational teams.
- Have a deep understanding and interest in capital markets. The ideal candidate would have a strong international equity background across a breath of market sectors and investment strategies
- Have a strong understanding of active investment processes, and the ability to effectively communicate an investment process to external audiences.
- Have the ability to analyze, interpret and translate performance attribution reports into written commentary.
- Understanding the complexities of global institutional, US retail and non-US retail marketplace and their respective differences is beneficial.
- Extensive project management experience with the proven ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- The ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- The ability to function with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Willingness to travel to attend applicable industry conferences, sales presentations, and client meetings.
- The position will require the appropriate licensing and registrations in accordance with MFS' licensing policy.
- Having an MBA and/or being a CFA charter holder is preferred.
- The ability to speak multiple languages is also desired.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others. What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.