Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
We are looking to hire a Fixed Income Portfolio Analyst, based in Boston. The ideal candidate will work with the Securitized team to provide support for their portfolio management activities.
• Interacting closely with Portfolio Managers and Traders to ensure timely and accurate execution of investment strategies across client portfolios;
• Rebalancing portfolios in response to investment strategies, cash flows, benchmark changes, market price movements and changes in client guidelines;
• Monitoring positions and verifying that transactions are consistent with client guidelines;
• Interacting with many areas of the firm to improve processes and minimize operational risks; and
• Monitoring performance, risk exposures and key market sensitivities of positions in portfolios.
• Leveraging Python skills to support/ improve the implementation/ investment process
The successful candidate for this position is likely to:
• Demonstrated strong understanding of, and interest in, fixed income capital markets (in particular structured credit markets and Agency MBS), financial engineering and investing.
• Advanced analytical skills, a quantitative orientation, and a detail oriented mindset;
• Proficient programming skills in Python, or Matlab/R
• Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks;
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with investment and other business professionals around the firm;
• Ability to think creatively and initiate projects that lead to improved implementation of strategies and trades; and
• Strong academic credentials. An undergraduate degree is required;
• A post-graduate degree or relevant professional qualification (e.g., CFA/CAIA), or progress towards one, would be viewed favorably.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 65,000 - 150,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)