About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
About the Role
Tracing its roots to the founding of the Wellington Fund in 1928, the original Wellington Management Company was incorporated in 1933. Wellington Management serves an extremely diverse mix of institutional investors located in over 61 countries. Our clients include public funds, central banks, insurance entities, endowments, foundations, mutual fund sponsors, retirement plan sponsors - both defined benefit and defined contribution - and many other types of institutions. Wellington Management does not engage in any business other than managing money on behalf of our clients. Our mission is to exceed the investment objectives and service expectations of our clients worldwide, and by doing so, ensure the viability of the firm. In addition, we seek to be a leader, an innovator, and a symbol of integrity in the investment management business.
As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
Client Reporting Services within the InvesTech Group has an open position for an RFP Writer primarily focused on fixed income questionnaires.
The submittal of well-written questionnaires is often a critical step in the institutional sales and client reporting processes. To that end, the dedicated Questionnaires Team within Client Reporting Services is responsible for the development of high-quality RFPs (Requests for Proposals), RFIs (Requests for Information), DDQs (Due Diligence Questionnaires), and other ad hoc questionnaires/deliverables that 1) assist in the procurement of new business; 2) meet the complex reporting requirements of current clients; and 3) accurately, clearly, and articulately describe the firm and its investment solutions.
- Writing, coordinating, editing, and proofreading fixed income questionnaires, working with subject matter experts across the firm
- Using Excel-based internal applications to run reports and data
- Developing an expertise in an assigned suite or suites of approaches to effectively craft and enhance responses
- Partnering with Investment Products & Fund Strategies to create, edit, and refine product-related questionnaires content; this includes, but may not be limited to, developing original content for new product text as well as proposing modifications to current product text
- Maintaining up-to-date product content in Qvidian (internal content library)
- Willingness to absorb overflow questionnaires and other work during peak periods, including, but not limited to, ad hoc requests, customized client reporting work, and data requests
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Strong academic credentials and 3 - 5 years of relevant RFP/writing experience in the investment industry
- Candidates should demonstrate a high level of capital markets/investment/product knowledge, particularly in the fixed income asset class. An MBA or CFA, or progress toward these qualifications, is a plus
- Excellent investment writing, quantitative, and communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- The position requires extensive use of internal and external systems and databases, and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; familiarity with Qvidian will be viewed favorably
- The individual must be an independent self-starter, a team player, and able to work on multiple assignments and complete high-quality work against strict and competing deadlines that are dictated by prospects, consultants, and clients
- Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities over time, as appropriate
- A positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism are essential
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 65,000 - 150,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families, and we are committed to fostering a flexible work environment that enables employees to thrive personally and professionally. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, and pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)