Provide support by performing analysis and reporting, to provide recommendations for the business. Identify process improvements and adjustments to existing reporting models. Provide expertise for small to medium projects, which may involve developing solutions for problems within the business. Resolve problems or issues through methods of trouble shooting and separate analysis. Using sound information and theory, provide management with recommended actions to resolve issues or create value for the business. Key Responsibilities
- Using data from a variety of sources, analyze complex business issues, incorporating company and industry knowledge, mathematical and technological expertise, and sound analytical processes. Statistical analysis, modeling, & other quantitative techniques are used to answer business questions, identify issues and/or recommend courses of action in the course of analysis.
- Use 'big data' to create actionable insights through intuitive visualizations (Power BI), transforming data analytics to drive innovative solutions, tell the story, and guide leaders in making data-driven decisions.
- This position will design reporting solutions to meet business objectives by working with internal and external partners.
- Manage multiple relationships across the organization, and at times with external parties and clients. Be the main point of contact to answer questions within business analyst area of expertise. Act as liaison among business leaders, staff, and utility functions to gather information and share best practices, and to ensure initiatives are executed appropriately.
- Provide and review reports of quantitative and qualitative data produced both internally and externally to the company. Ensure accuracy and appropriate report design. Be responsible for resolution to reporting issues as they arise. Reports may be of a routine nature or may be requested or run on an ad-hoc basis as part of a larger project or special business concern.
- Present results of analysis and/or recommendations to business managers, utility partners, and at times external parties. Communicate action plans and priorities to appropriate partners.
- Strong relationship and communication skills in working with colleagues and influencing customers on recommendations and analysis.
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of information, create linkages, and express complex concepts in a concise and audience-relevant manner.
- Ability to thrive in rapidly changing environment - proactive, flexible and able to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- 1+ years of analyst experience
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills and ability to use statistical analysis and modeling, with associated technology applications.
- Develop solutions for complex problems for the business unit. Identify and recommend changes to policies, procedures, and business model.
About Our Company
- Strong focus on qualitative and quantitative data analysis including statistical techniques, general data analysis, and trend analysis among others.
- Ability to quickly grasp and articulate the essence of complex issues/data; adept at operating with both high-level concepts and detailed analysis.
- Excellent storytelling, facilitation, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to influence senior and executive level leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead change management activities in customer and employee behavior.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with others, initiate action, and adapt to change.
We're a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Full-Time/Part-Time
Full time Exempt/Non-Exempt
Exempt Job Family Group
Business Support & Operations Line of Business